A day to celebrate chocolate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikonie

Superb member
Registered
Reaction score
the land of 200 cuisines, give or take - yum
How absolutely sublime! September 13th is national Chocolate Day. Though it is likely a marketing strategy (Milton Hershey was born that day in 1857), I'm not about to let that stand between me and my sweet indulgence.

Let the chocolate muse have her way with me, tempt me with a decadent morsel of her darkest, purest cocoa-drawn elixir. Concocted with a hint of tobacco, an aroma of currant, a lingering flavour of red berries and apricot, I will answer her, you may be sure.

At 9:00 pm, I will officially observe this day (though it will undoubtedly not be the first time that day, since, as one of the major food groups, chocolate must be included at each meal). Who among you can I count in my thoughts in a simul-delight? Can you feel the smile now?

:e2woo: :e2woo: :e2woo:

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum, Kikonie! To me, every day is National Chocolate Day, but so glad they recognize chocolate and give it a special day. It definitely should be classified as a necessary food group. Can you tell I'm a big fan of chocolate???:)

Ewwww, Persiphone, even I couldn't eat Asian hissing cockroaches, even if they are covered in chocolate syrup. Are they dead when eaten? lol.

Last edited:

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
persiphone_hellecat said:
You forgot the roaches. Try those really big Asian hissing cockroaches. Dipped in Hershey syrup.

Last night a had a nightmare involving cocroaches. Even know I can feel them crawling on me, their hairy little legs tickling me, poking at my skin, their antennae caressing my skin in all its grotesque horridness.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH NOOOOO!! MAKE ME STOP!!

kikonie

Superb member
Registered
Reaction score
the land of 200 cuisines, give or take - yum
Persi, my dear, you are truly warped. (No more talk of roaches; we know how special you are.) Is it just coincidence that such an appropriate day was chosen to celebrate the most sacred of delights?

To my chocolate-adoring sisters, you guys are fabulous.

Last edited:

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
DamaNegra said:
Last night a had a nightmare involving cocroaches. Even know I can feel them crawling on me, their hairy little legs tickling me, poking at my skin, their antennae caressing my skin in all its grotesque horridness.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH NOOOOO!! MAKE ME STOP!!

Dama, sweetie! BREATHE! In through the nose for four counts, out through the mouth for four counts... you're freaking *me* out. You must think anti-chocolate thoughts...

The rest of us will pick up the slack, don't worry... :D

National chocolate day three days before my birthday... hmm....

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
kikonie said:
Your recipe is safe with me, Shrug. Please send. TY! Anyone want a recipe for Chocolate Raspberry Pie?

Uh... hell yes? :D Chocolate and Raspberry is a favorite combination of mine. Along with chocolate and cherry, chocolate and strawberry, chocolate and peanut butter, chocolate and fill in the blank...

allion

Character assassin
Registered
Reaction score
Every day is chocolate day. It's good for you, after all. Those anti-oxidants can keep you young.

Karen
(about to go have a chocolate chip cookie or a fudge oatmeal one)

DeborahM

I need espresso & chocolate!
Registered
Reaction score
I_Shrugged said:
Anyone in the midwest ever have a Big Boy's Hot Fudge Super Sundae? Those things are to die for. <sits gazing off into space drooling>

Goosebumps just crossed my body...aahhh. Those were to die for!

DeborahM

I need espresso & chocolate!
Registered
Reaction score
Serenity said:
Uh... hell yes? :D Chocolate and Raspberry is a favorite combination of mine. Along with chocolate and cherry, chocolate and strawberry, chocolate and peanut butter, chocolate and fill in the blank...

Have you tried...Starbuck's mocha frappicino with a blackberry topping? I wanted raspberry but they didn't have it...only blackberry! Try it, you'll be hooked!

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Some threads need a beverage alert. This one needs a drool alert. And it seems to be all women posters. Hmmmmm.

Oh, I think this calls for a month long celebration of chocolate!

Hooray Chocolate!

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In honor of national chocolate month (okay, so it's supposed to be a day. I will celebrate the month) I am going to add to my signature for September:
Member of the Hooray for Chocolate Club! Join me if you want!

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
I_Shrugged said:
Anyone in the midwest ever have a Big Boy's Hot Fudge Super Sundae? Those things are to die for. <sits gazing off into space drooling>

Oh yeah. But my favorite Big Boy dessert is the Hot Fudge Ice Cream Cake. Sometimes they make it with mint chocolate chip ice cream. *wiping mouth* Sorry, I just drooled.

My addictions: Lindt dark chocolate truffles and dark chocolate Toblerone (in the black box).

Hmm, now I'll have to check my chocolate cookbooks (I have 6, downsized from 15) to find something to make for this wonderous occasion....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.