Status
Not open for further replies.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I need some food that can get me out of my hyperactivity or I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight, finish my homework or work on my WIP. Any suggestions?

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Chocolate covered cockroaches. Use good syrup, like Hershey's, or they'll taste terrible.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
take a bath, scent the water with lavender oil if you have some. then drink a cup of hot tea - something soothing. I like Earl Grey, but whatever you prefer, then lay in bed with dim light and read something boring. A book you haven't been able to finish.
You'll fall asleep.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I haven't had a hyper episode like this in a long time (more than 3 months), so now I'm kind of freaking out. Last time I had a mayor hyper episode I didn't sleep for 36 hours, and I don't want to repeat that experience :(

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
May I point out that w/ all the tea you guys are recommending that Dama drink, she's gonna be up all night, peeing. Just sayin'.

Like Trish asked, why are you so hyped, Dama?

Btw, the more you freak out, the worse it's going to get, Dama.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
:rofl: It doesn't help that you're making me laugh so much, huh?

I'm hyped up because of cyclotimia. It's a mental illness, sort of like bipolar but much milder. So it's not stress-related or anything, it's just chemical weirdness in my brain, so that's why I thought food might help.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Er... I am taking Lexapro, but that's an anti-depressive. My psychiatrist prescribed it because depression was giving me much more trouble than hyperactivity. Before that, I took Lamictal, and it seemed to work fine but my former psychiatrist took me off it for unknown reasons.

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
DamaNegra said:
Er... I am taking Lexapro, but that's an anti-depressive. My psychiatrist prescribed it because depression was giving me much more trouble than hyperactivity. Before that, I took Lamictal, and it seemed to work fine but my former psychiatrist took me off it for unknown reasons.
So, what you're telling me is, either a) it's not working-properly, or b) this is just an anomaly. If it's b, than there's nothing to worry about.

So, next question(s) would be, do you have a lot of homework due tomorrow? a test tomorrow? or both? and you're not prepared, or you don't feel you're prepared as there's a significant difference.

c) you need to go back on the meds your former doc took you off of. a possibility. but I'd wonder about this since this is the first episode in 3 months, unless it's been about that long that you've been off that particular med.

Last edited:

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
No homework, no tests, just a boring day at school.

And no, it's not an anomaly. I'm taking medicine for the depression, but nothing for hyperactivity. Actually, by my standards, this is supposed to be 'normal'. Anomaly would be to have all my emotions under control :D

Actually, I've been pretty hyper most of my life. Undiagnosed ADD, probably. Or maybe I move forward faster than other people. But tonight it's worse than ever. I feel like I'm going to blow up. I'm typing at a rate of 90-95 words a minute out of sheer hyperactivity, and 90% of what I type is nonsense. I've tried falling asleep without success.

I've also tried doing exercise. Push-ups while handstanding. Abdominals while handsanting. Normal pushups and abdominals. Situps with just one leg. Nothing! I'm not tired! I've been out in the bycicle all day long! I've been handstanding all day long! It's too much!

kikonie

Superb member
Registered
Reaction score
the land of 200 cuisines, give or take - yum
Excersize is a stimulant before it makes you tired. Have you ever practised slow, deep breathing, yoga style? It sounds like something you might want to incorporate into your daily routine, Dama.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
kikonie said:
Excersize is a stimulant before it makes you tired. Have you ever practised slow, deep breathing, yoga style? It sounds like something you might want to incorporate into your daily routine, Dama.

Yup, I tried the threefold breath (or whatever it's called) about half an hour ago. Worked while I breathed like that, but as soon as I started breathing normally, hyperactivity came back :(

chaostitan said:
Have you tried running head-first into a brick wall? It always knocks me out....

Loooooooool that's next on my to-do list ;)

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
Okay, here's a thought, Dama--GET THE HELL OFF the computer and go for a nice little walk :D by yourself.
Find a quiet place to sit and look up at those stars and breathe, slowly, cleansing breaths. This will help clear your mind, yes the busy one ;)
But, don't stop there. Keep breathing, slowly, deeply. Listen to your heartbeat, until it slows down. Then, when it does, walk home, get in bed, turn out the light, close your gorgeous eyes, more deep breaths, slow breaths. All else fails, take out a rosary, it always works :Hug2:

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
But it's full of mosquitoes outside :( (and all my family is sleeping so they'd kill me if they heard me sneaking out of the house)

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
But yeah, I'll try to force myself to sleep. I just didn't want to go through the horrible experience of tossing and turning and knowing I'm not going to fall asleep anytime soon, but my eyes hurt already so goodnight to y'all. And thanks :)

Reaction score
NY - Out on "The Island" spring and summer - in HE
Dama .. sounds to me like you might be bipolar ... has your therapist or shrink ever discussed that? You may very well need some kind of a mood stabilizer to level your moods out. Sounds to me like you are getting too much of a bounce from the anti dep. I would make sure I told that to my shrink and discussed whether or not you have manic episodes. Worth looking into.. Persi

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
persi, Dama's not bipolar, she said so upstream. It's something similar to, but not.

Dama, try sleeping, sweetie, you can't if you're on the computer. At least give it a shot for a bit and see what happens. Curl up, turn the light off and try the breathing and see what happens :Hug2: If you've got a rosary around, hold onto it, it works.

Reaction score
NY - Out on "The Island" spring and summer - in HE
She could still be getting too much of a bounce from her anti deps ... I will tell you something that works for me ... Perfume... Many perfumes contain bergamont... its an essential oil that has a calming, soothing effect on people. That's why perfume makers use it. So when you smell the scent at the store, it smells good, makes you feel good and you buy it. Oddly enough, when I can't sleep if I spritz on some Chanel No 5 and stretch out, I fall right asleep. When Marilyn Monroe was once asked what she wore to bed, her response was "Chanel No 5" I think she and I had the same idea. You can also buy bergamot oil. I take baths in it to chill out, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.