Last edited:

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
I had a blonde moment last time I was in Florida. I was with my friend Mike and we went into a store that sold just fridge magnets. The walls were corrugated metal and from floor-to-ceiling, the metal was covered with different novelty magnets. Whatever object, animal, food stuff you can think of, they had a magnet for it.

So I lean down to one about half a foot from the floor and go, "Hey. This one looks just like an electrical socket."

You can guess the rest.

Thankfully I didn't touch it and in my defence, there probably was a magnet somewhere in that shop in the shape of an electrical socket. Alas, my self-esteem took a severe hit.

Last edited:

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
The other day a friend poured water from a bottle on me, and I was stupid enough to turn around and tell her. "Be careful, there are leaks in the roof." She almost fell to the floor laughing and I felt really stupid!

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
clock_work9 said:
"Hey. This one looks just like an electrical socket."
:roll: That is hilarious.

Jo, at least you can blame yours on drugs!

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
storygirl said:
:roll: That is hilarious.

Jo, at least you can blame yours on drugs!
I know, what a twat. "Hey, why is there an air conditioner plugged into that magnet?"

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
clock_work9 said:
I know, what a twat. "Hey, why is there an air conditioner plugged into that magnet?"

LOL! It's moments like those, that just make people adorable in my eyes.

Trust me, I can identify with you.

earthshoes

Not User Friendly
Registered
Reaction score
Website
earthshoes41.blogspot.com
I am a natural blonde and my mother and sisters (who are brunettes) all delight in collecting and telling me blonde jokes.

I think many of them are funny too, but sometimes I wonder--why can't there be dumb brunette moments? :)

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
For me, it's when I'm driving on automatic pilot. I just go to whatever destination I head to most frequently, not where I actually plan to go. My children and their friends have all learned to remind me to turn. It only takes a second for me to get distracted by something I'm planning to do or write, and I drive right past without stopping.

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
I always liked the one that goes:

What do you call a blonde that dyes her hair brown?

Artificial Intelligence.

earthshoes

Not User Friendly
Registered
Reaction score
Website
earthshoes41.blogspot.com
I live in a preoccupied state. Can't find things once I put them down, have to make lists to remember what I went to the store for, and have been known to forget--after I've dialed the number--who I just called and why.

I refuse to call them blonde moments, largely because all my moments are blonde.

However, my mother and sisters call them "Mary moments". Not sure I like that any better. :)

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
earthshoes said:
and have been known to forget--after I've dialed the number--who I just called and why.

Ha! I've had quite a few of those.

Once, I called my father and, after he answered the phone, I asked him: "Why did you call me?" He was like: "Um... YOU called me." Wooops.

And once, I wanted to call my mom but for some reason I dialed my bf's number instead. So when he picked up the first thing I said was: "What are you doing with my mom?" He freaked out, looool!

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
earthshoes said:
I live in a preoccupied state. Can't find things once I put them down, have to make lists to remember what I went to the store for, and have been known to forget--after I've dialed the number--who I just called and why.

I refuse to call them blonde moments, largely because all my moments are blonde.

However, my mother and sisters call them "Mary moments". Not sure I like that any better. :)
Oh, wait, I thought that was normal, no?

I call that living in a parallel universe.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Oh, I once hit accidentally redial on the phone, last person I had spoken too was my best friend, and the person I wanted to talk to was the guy that sells concert tickets, and there I was rambling down my order when someone picked up, not realising it was my friend on the other side :roll: She died laughing.

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
earthshoes said:
I live in a preoccupied state. Can't find things once I put them down, have to make lists to remember what I went to the store for, and have been known to forget--after I've dialed the number--who I just called and why. I refuse to call them blonde moments, largely because all my moments are blonde.
Thank God I'm not alone. This is not a blonde moment but a chaotic mind. The other day I was talking to a woman at work. She asked if I cook and I told her more so in the Winter stating, “I love crock (I actually left the "r" out of crock).” I didn’t realize I said it until I saw the look on her face and she responded, “Well that’s nice to know.” I was so embarrassed responding that I meant to say, “I love crock pots. Well pretty much both.” There was no turning back.

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
TrainofThought said:
Thank God I'm not alone. This is not a blonde moment but a chaotic mind. The other day I was talking to a woman at work. She asked if I cook and I told her more so in the Winter stating, “I love crock (I actually left the "r" out of crock).” I didn’t realize I said it until I saw the look on her face and she responded, “Well that’s nice to know.” I was so embarrassed responding that I meant to say, “I love crock pots. Well pretty much both.” There was no turning back.

:ROFL: No.. please stop...

:roll:

janetbellinger

Registered
Reaction score
I had one about a month ago when I left my purse behind in a restaurant while on a road trip with my husband. I didn't discover it was missing until we'd gone an hour and a half down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.