Name Jenna's Baby Contest

Freckles

Oooh, the Rainbow Connection
Registered
Reaction score
Name Jenna's Baby Contest (UPDATED)

Thanks to Screenmom in Jenna's baby thread for the idea. Post your serious :) name suggestion for a boy and girl. Maybe Jenna just might pick your suggestion!

The prize...SATISFACTION of helping a fellow AWer!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

:partyguy:

NOTE: SINCE JENNA'S HAVING AN ULTRASOUND MONDAY TO SEE IF IT'S A BOY OR GIRL, KEEP THOSE SUGGESTIONS COMING!!!!! :D :D :D

Last edited:

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If it's a girl:

Anne Boleyn

Kathryn Howard

Mary, Queen of Scots

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Where is nancy and her name book? Is she allowed to play? Cause I'm not playin' if she is. :D What do we win if Jenna picks our name? Rep points? Bigger avatar? bannishment power?

Girl: Avery
Boy: Nolan

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
And since there are no more children in my immediate future...I'll give you my names, Jenna.

Boy: David Scott

Girl: Emily Catherine

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
A few thoughts about names and things:

Someone mentioned leaving out a middle name. My daughter Nina has no middle name because her dad didn't want her to have one. He doesn't have one and it's not common in Europe to have a middle name. Anyway - her last name has 5 long syllables ...........and I figured giving her a middle name would just add to it all.

But actually I wish I had given her a middle name now. Her last name is long and she will always have to spell it, and having a middle name wouldn't change that.

Naming kids is harder than you think. I'm sure Jenna has some ideas.

My mom used to suggest names to me when I was pregnant, and I used to say "Yeah, right!"

Same with friends suggestions. Kind of like when someone names their baby - you say, "Geez, what an odd name!"

If someone says "name him Scott," I think of my ex-husband. If someone says,"name her Molly," I think of a dog I had. Ditto with the sleezy neighbor girl I knew growing up.

You can't separate names from memories of those who owned them.

Interesting.

I named my first daughter, Gabrielle Melinda, after a soap opera name on One Life to Live. (So did other people.........)

My second daughter's name came from an old boss. She was a beyotch with a great name : Nina.