Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Roses are red
Violets are too.
Hope your holiday
is the best thru & thru!

Let's party: :Cake: :popcorn: ribs, cheeseburgers, corn, coleslaw, potato salad, :Cake: :Guitar: :Cake:

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
Thx much Terri and Freckles. We're gonna have lots of food and drink, so hope the others come to the fun-fest.:)

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What a nice thread, Susie! Hope Y'all are all having a great day. I've spent most of the afternoon checking out the Crap-o-meter at Miss Snark. That of course was after taking the children to McDonalds. They managed not to kill each other fighting last night, but I was gonna hurt somebody if we didn't get out of the house today.

I'm gonna fire up the grill tomorrow at my parents. My hubby is still out of town so I'm not cookinghere. Not as much fun without him. :(

Two more days and he'll be back.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Happy Labor Day! I'm spending my weekend cleaning because I have company coming in for a few days - my labor day will be spent driving to and from the airport. whoopee!

janetbellinger

Registered
Reaction score
So far my Labour Day weekend has been taken up with avoiding working on my novel and trying to forget I have to start back to work on Tuesday.

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, all, sure hope you're all havin' fun. Gee, I thought we were playing tennis. This is soccer. Ooops!:) I guess I'm havin' too much of something. lol.

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
Great thread, Susie :D

Mine so far is filled w/ Ernesto who insists on being windy and wet. He's making my windows rattle. Which is fine, since he's leaving my electricity alone and trees alone. Can't say the same for the surrounding area. Wind gusts have been around 55 mph.

I explained to Kola there was not going to be a walk in the woods today. Playing dodge the tree limbs is not fun :snoopy:

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
sure hope ernesto passes y'all by and not a problem. It did here in Florida, so hopefully it will work out for you guys too.

Very glad you like the thread, Jean Marie and hope you all have fun.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We're playing soccer just like my littlest one! One kid kicks and they all run and try to take the ball from each other--teammate or not. :D It's almost more like rugby than soccer. But it's cute, if a little wild and wooly.

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
I like Terri's volleyball smilie. Looks like fun, too.

Who's got bbq duty? I'll be happy to help w/ that.

Anyone wanna go w/ me to get Dama and sneak her across the border? We can probably turn in some of our rep points and use 'em as...er, bribe $ for the guards :tongue

Fahim

Mad coder, lazy writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.farook.org
A very happy Labour Day to anybody who's celebrating - me, I've got the labour part 'cause I'm working right now :) But hey, can't complain :p

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Fahim, so cool we're on the same thread! Well, kick back, enjoy the food, friendship and frivolity! Happy Labor Day to you all too! Don't work too hard now, k.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Enjoy your holiday -- it's October over here. However, it *is* Father's Day here, and it's been a great one. I could gush.

We really need a Susie Day. Statue in the park and everything. Susie, you're tops!

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't know you could dance to "Carry On My Wayward Son". Nice job, little 7-Up guys.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's Stairway to Heaven, silly.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You can't fool me! Ain't no fiddle in Stairway! Not unless it's the Soggy Bottom Boys version.

Wait... that's genius...

ac, I'll never doubt you again.

Jo

Travelling the re-write road
Registered
Reaction score
poetinahat said:
Enjoy your holiday -- it's October over here. However, it *is* Father's Day here, and it's been a great one. I could gush.

Great to see you had a beaut Daddy's Day, Rob! We're just tucking the kids in now... ahhhh. It's been a loooong day (kids made brekky--but forgot about the mandatory sleep-in bit).

Hope all the other Aussie dads had a good one, and that those who are celebrating Labour Day have a good one, too!