PDA

View Full Version : Happy Labor Day Weekend!

Susie
09-02-2006, 11:22 PM
Roses are red
Violets are too.
Hope your holiday
is the best thru & thru!

Let's party: :Cake: :popcorn: ribs, cheeseburgers, corn, coleslaw, potato salad, :Cake: :Guitar: :Cake:

writerterri
09-02-2006, 11:25 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_4_47.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZUxdm080YYUS) I'll bring the base ball stuff and the apple pie!

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZUxdm080YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb112_ZUxdm080YYUS&utm_id=7920)

Freckles
09-03-2006, 01:10 AM
AW party sounds good this weekend! I'll bring the chips and dip. :)

Susie
09-03-2006, 01:30 AM
Thx much Terri and Freckles. We're gonna have lots of food and drink, so hope the others come to the fun-fest.:)

writerterri
09-03-2006, 01:38 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_3_207.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZUxdm080YYUS)

Anyone wanna play?

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZUxdm080YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb114_ZUxdm080YYUS&utm_id=7922)

Susie
09-03-2006, 02:18 AM
I'm in. Who's turn is it?:) That's a super smilie.

DamaNegra
09-03-2006, 04:04 AM
I'll go to the US just to celebrate Labor Day. Mine's not until May 1st :(

Soccer Mom
09-03-2006, 05:05 AM
What a nice thread, Susie! Hope Y'all are all having a great day. I've spent most of the afternoon checking out the Crap-o-meter at Miss Snark. That of course was after taking the children to McDonalds. They managed not to kill each other fighting last night, but I was gonna hurt somebody if we didn't get out of the house today.

I'm gonna fire up the grill tomorrow at my parents. My hubby is still out of town so I'm not cookinghere. Not as much fun without him. :(

Two more days and he'll be back.

Stew21
09-03-2006, 05:13 AM
Happy Labor Day! I'm spending my weekend cleaning because I have company coming in for a few days - my labor day will be spent driving to and from the airport. whoopee!

janetbellinger
09-03-2006, 05:42 AM
So far my Labour Day weekend has been taken up with avoiding working on my novel and trying to forget I have to start back to work on Tuesday.

Susie
09-03-2006, 05:46 AM
Hi, all, sure hope you're all havin' fun. Gee, I thought we were playing tennis. This is soccer. Ooops!:) I guess I'm havin' too much of something. lol.

Jean Marie
09-03-2006, 05:48 AM
Great thread, Susie :D

Mine so far is filled w/ Ernesto who insists on being windy and wet. He's making my windows rattle. Which is fine, since he's leaving my electricity alone and trees alone. Can't say the same for the surrounding area. Wind gusts have been around 55 mph.

I explained to Kola there was not going to be a walk in the woods today. Playing dodge the tree limbs is not fun :snoopy:

Susie
09-03-2006, 06:06 AM
sure hope ernesto passes y'all by and not a problem. It did here in Florida, so hopefully it will work out for you guys too.

Very glad you like the thread, Jean Marie and hope you all have fun.

Soccer Mom
09-03-2006, 06:15 AM
We're playing soccer just like my littlest one! One kid kicks and they all run and try to take the ball from each other--teammate or not. :D It's almost more like rugby than soccer. But it's cute, if a little wild and wooly.

Jean Marie
09-03-2006, 07:00 AM
I like Terri's volleyball smilie. Looks like fun, too.

Who's got bbq duty? I'll be happy to help w/ that.

Anyone wanna go w/ me to get Dama and sneak her across the border? We can probably turn in some of our rep points and use 'em as...er, bribe $ for the guards :tongue

Fahim
09-03-2006, 07:57 AM
A very happy Labour Day to anybody who's celebrating - me, I've got the labour part 'cause I'm working right now :) But hey, can't complain :p

Susie
09-03-2006, 08:29 AM
Hey, Fahim, so cool we're on the same thread! Well, kick back, enjoy the food, friendship and frivolity! Happy Labor Day to you all too! Don't work too hard now, k.

poetinahat
09-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Enjoy your holiday -- it's October over here. However, it *is* Father's Day here, and it's been a great one. I could gush.

We really need a Susie Day. Statue in the park and everything. Susie, you're tops!

Fahim
09-03-2006, 04:48 PM
I second the motion for a Susie Day :)

Cath
09-03-2006, 04:51 PM
I'll third it.

This is the nicest party I've been to in a long time.

Let's dance....:snoopy:

alleycat
09-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Did someone say dance?

:Guitar: :Guitar: :Guitar: :e2violin:

:PartySmil :PartySmil

poetinahat
09-03-2006, 04:58 PM
I didn't know you could dance to "Carry On My Wayward Son". Nice job, little 7-Up guys.

alleycat
09-03-2006, 05:01 PM
That's Stairway to Heaven, silly.

poetinahat
09-03-2006, 05:07 PM
You can't fool me! Ain't no fiddle in Stairway! Not unless it's the Soggy Bottom Boys version.

Wait... that's genius...

ac, I'll never doubt you again.

Jo
09-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Enjoy your holiday -- it's October over here. However, it *is* Father's Day here, and it's been a great one. I could gush.

Great to see you had a beaut Daddy's Day, Rob! We're just tucking the kids in now... ahhhh. It's been a loooong day (kids made brekky--but forgot about the mandatory sleep-in bit).

Hope all the other Aussie dads had a good one, and that those who are celebrating Labour Day have a good one, too!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Who ate ALL the potato salad!?

P.H.Delarran
09-03-2006, 08:03 PM
I'm making potato salad as we speak..and fried chicken. Be patient.
Now where's the margeritas?

stormie
09-03-2006, 11:48 PM
Hey everyone! Great thread, Susie! Aside from my personality, it was stormy here yesterday and we've been cleaning up dead branches.

Okay, enough of that. Now--on to partying! I'll bring the chocolate chip cookies, warm, right out of the oven.

Susie
09-03-2006, 11:54 PM
Thanks so much for all the yummy food and I'll bring the margaritas Ole! Here's some :Cake: :Cake: :Cake: and :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: too!

samgail
09-04-2006, 12:05 AM
We're playing soccer just like my littlest one! One kid kicks and they all run and try to take the ball from each other--teammate or not. :D It's almost more like rugby than soccer. But it's cute, if a little wild and wooly.
Parents yell on the sidelines "The other wayyyy, your goal is the OTHER WAY!!"

Thanks for hosting the great party sus, here is a bottle of white zin, just for you. I made a double batch of brownies and have red hook brats. Where are the margaritas? I have more tequila if (when) we need it. I am going to sit in my lounge chair watch you guys play and soak up some sun.
Happy labor Day!
Sam

Susie
09-04-2006, 12:42 AM
Aww, thanks so much! I brought the maragaritas. Three cases full. You mean they're all gone? Ok, I'll bring some more.:) Wow, my own bottle of white zin, thanks very much. I can share it with hubby howie. Very glad to host a party here anytime! Sure glad everyone's having fun. That also sounds like fun with your kids.

Cath
09-04-2006, 01:29 AM
I brought the maragaritas. Three cases full. You mean they're all gone?

Hic! Sorry, that was me. :o

um, I'm feeling a little dizzy now. :e2thud:

Soccer Mom
09-04-2006, 03:04 AM
*burps* I don't know anything about margaritas. That was all the Queen, I swear. But I confess to the Sangria pilfering!

And Samgail's right. We use a giant poster-sized arrow to point which way. They get confused and look over to the sidelines and we hold it up for them. :D Now my oldest son is on a very competitive team. That's a different set of issues.

Back to the Barbie. Throw another shrimp on for me. All that sangria made me hungry.

SpookyWriter
09-04-2006, 03:57 AM
Happy Labor Day! Susie....:partyguy: ...and thanks for the invite to the party. Lots of fun...

Stew21
09-04-2006, 04:13 AM
my cooler is around here somewhere. Has anyone seen my cooler? There's an iced down case of beer in there for me and Haggis.

Who's bikini top is this? My God what a party Susie throws! ;)

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-04-2006, 06:01 AM
Speaking of moons, Stew... was the Spooky's rear that just ran by here!?!

Jo
09-04-2006, 06:02 AM
Back to the Barbie. Throw another shrimp on for me. All that sangria made me hungry.

I've brought bucket-loads of prawns and another case of beer (hubby insisted). The kids have the cheese and carrot salad and bread rolls, and I've stashed a few Stollies, some Comfort, and Scotch in a tub near Trish's cooler. (Trish, your cooler was under the bikini top--I think someone had been drinking from the cups...)

Stew21
09-04-2006, 06:13 AM
Speaking of moons, Stew... was the Spooky's rear that just ran by here!?!

Oh thanks a lot OFG - now I have to drink the visuals away! Jo - grab me a beer out of that cooler! :)

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-04-2006, 06:16 AM
I was tryin' to help out with the excuses for drinkin'. ;)

Stew21
09-04-2006, 06:19 AM
well that was a damn good one!

WHo wants to shotgun a beer?

poetinahat
09-04-2006, 06:22 AM
Thanks, Trish, for reminding me of the one true natural ability I ever had, and am sworn never to use again. You just can't shotgun cans of Coke; it's no good.

(Bud tall-boy: 2.5 seconds)

Stew21
09-04-2006, 06:35 AM
my brother and husband had a great idea one day to compete for fastest shot gun. Neither being a very good loser, they had to do it over and over and over again. It was after a Cardinals day game, at a place called Paddy O's right by Busch Stadium. THey drew quite the crowd.

Susie
09-04-2006, 07:46 AM
You guys are the best and come back tomorrow too. Party will still be going on and lots o' food, drink and music, thanks to y'all! :Hug2:

TrainofThought
09-04-2006, 09:43 AM
Happy Labor Day Weekend! Cute thread Susie. I hope all is well with everyone. I attempted to make chocolate covered bananas today, but it didnít turn out. Iíll stop by the party tomorrow...well today really.

Forbidden Snowflake
09-04-2006, 10:37 AM
YAY, Party :partyguy:

Cath
09-04-2006, 06:43 PM
I've baked breakfast muffins for y'all. Little ones with dark chocolate chips in.

Hurry up and grab some before I eat them all. :o

Susie
09-04-2006, 06:57 PM
Happy Labor Day everybody and Cath those are the best chocolate chip muffins ever! Yummy. I'll be eatin' em all day, and oh, of course, letting others have too. lol.

stormie
09-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Wow, great party! After this, we'll all have to join Weight Watchers and AA. Well, at least me, anyway.

Bmwhtly
09-04-2006, 07:24 PM
While you're drinking yourselves into a stupor over there, spare a thought for us Brits who have no Mob to force a holiday on us and won't be able to drink ourselves stupid for another Hour

SC Harrison
09-04-2006, 07:57 PM
I am in total pain right now.

Yesterday at the lake, after wakeboarding behind my BIL's boat until I became tired, I decided to "get some air" before I quit for the day. This big boat had just passed us going the other direction, and when I saw the huge swells coming my way, I decided to swing out there and face them like a man.
I've tried this before, so you would think I knew better.

Got some serious air, and got some serious water, too. It was not a pretty sight. Wakeboard ripped cleanly off my feet, shorts trying their best to slide all the way down my legs towards freedom, lifevest somehow inverted so it could choke me and pin my arms straight up simultaneously, about a gallon of nasty lakewater ingested, part of it actually through my eyes somehow.

Apparently I wasn't going fast enough, according to two of the drunks in the boat, and I need to squat down and then "launch" myself, when I'm halfway up the wave. With friends like that...

Angela
09-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Oooooooh, SC! So sorry to hear about that!! (I'm sorry, but I was laughing the whole time I read that, though! Forgive me!) I really am glad to hear you're okay, though!!

Susie, this is a great party!!! Thanks so much for the invite!

Happy Labor Day, Everyone!!!