What's the red dot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Famous1

Registered
Reaction score
What's the red dot at the bottom left of my post? Clicked on it and says I'm invisible. Why am I invisible?

I'm gonna make the most of my new found superpowers. My money worries are over....I'm walking into Fort Knots...

Thank you AW.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Famous1, you can toggle invisibility on and off in your user cp, under "options" on the menu on the left. When you're invisible, the dot shows up red to you, but gray to everyone else. When you're visible, it shows green to everyone.

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's just an option in your User CP.

I was going to delete this since Mac posted at the same time with the answer. I'll add that the "invisible" option is available by clicking the "Edit Options" in your User CP.

Last edited:

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...which means that other users can't see whether you're online.

(Believe me. I got the wrong idea too. Getting busted for naked shoplifting is not an experience I'd care to repeat.)

Famous1

Registered
Reaction score
HA! HA! HA! HA! poetinahat! I'm not gonna ask where you hid your loot.

SeanDSchaffer

It could also have something to do, if I remember correctly, with your age. When I first joined AW, I was 33 years old, but for some reason the board had me as 13 years old. Because vBulletin thought I was 13 years old, I was not able to go out of Invisible Mode.

For me, it was a case of simple misinformation. I was able to inform the administrators of my real age via PM, and everything got settled almost immediately.

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.