Status
Not open for further replies.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
My accent! I want it back! I'm not Argentinan, I've never been to Argentina, so I have no reason on earth to be speaking with an Argentinan accent. Who stole my Mexican accent? I want it back!!

badducky

No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmmcdermott.blogspot.com
You can borrow my Texican accent for a while, if you promise to keep it well-fed and bathed.

It only eats nachos, and prefers to bathe in river water. None of that lily-livered evian crapola they be springin' on us decent, godfearin' gringos

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How about a lovely Canadian accent, eh? I'll let it go, cheap, and switch to a Jamaican one for me. (Never been there, just love the accent.)

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Got a touch of PA. Dutch accent here, dontcha know. At least, that's what I was told once;

While working in an engineering department I had to call a customer in Oklahoma one day. Everything went fine; until she mentioned how much she liked my accent.

Accent?

What accent?

I don't have an accent!

YOU have the accent, darling!

(Just thought I'd share. Carry on as before.)

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We here in the Seattle area have no accents.

None.

What-so-ever. In fact, we speak more clearly and normally than anyone on the planet :D

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Come to Muuuuuur-land, where the men are boys and the sheep are...

Sorry that's Vermont....

Muuuuur-land...Where the men got crabs and the Chickens are scared......

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
I've got it, Dama. I'm preparing for a film role, and I'm trying on a couple different ones to see which works. I do apologize. I didn't mean to steal it. I still have every intention of giving it back. I'm sorry I replaced it with the Argentinian accent. I didn't think you would know the difference. I didn't. Would you like my Minnesota accent as collateral?

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
MidnightMuse said:
We here in the Seattle area have no accents.

None.

What-so-ever. In fact, we speak more clearly and normally than anyone on the planet :D

Ditto. I'm in the Seattle area, I'm half Chinese on my dad's side, and I don't have any accent at all.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
It's okay Celia, just take good care of it. It needs lots of tacos and chocolates, and will turn into a regio accent which will make you speak funny if you don't take proper care of it.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Come visit me in NC, Dama. Then all your 'R's will have 'H's in front of them.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
We need to start an accent exchange. I have a Kiwi accent somewhat confused by extended stays in Canada and Scotland. For people who want to be completely unidentifiable even to experienced linguists :)

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
DamaNegra said:
My accent! I want it back! I'm not Argentinan, I've never been to Argentina, so I have no reason on earth to be speaking with an Argentinan accent. Who stole my Mexican accent? I want it back!!

Congratulations! You've just volunteered to tutor me in spanish. =D

badducky

No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmmcdermott.blogspot.com
I know, those Spanish girls are expensive. English girls just want a beer at a pub, and they think it's enough to mean you're practically married for the night. Spanish girls you have to beat up their brother, get their dad drunk, buy just as many gifts for their six or seven girlfriends, stomach mediocre flan, and dance with three aunts (one over ninety years old).

the English are much easier.

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
I have a western Pennsylvania/Pittsburghese accent that throws many a person here in Northern Virginia. My students look at me like I'm nuts sometimes. To quote my one kindergartener: "Miss Melissa? You talk weird."

When I speak spanish, I tend to adopt whatever accent I'm hearing from the part of the country I'm visiting. But, in most schools in the states, we're taught the Castillian 'version' of spanish. So when I went to school in Mexico, I was speaking with a Pueblan (for those not in the know, Puebla is about an hour south of Mexico City) accent, but my vocabulary was from Spain.

It really confused people. Then I went north, to visit friends in Queretaro and picked up a slight lilt from there.

God, I miss Mexico...

Kida Adelyne

Me got zero cookies!
Registered
Reaction score
It could be worse. You could have my music teachers spanish accent. When we went to Cuba this year, he decided that if you speak really slowly, and with a horrible spanish accent, people will understand you.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
DamaNegra said:
I stole it. It's mine now, and I'm keeping it! Muwhahahaha!

See, living most my life in Colorado, I was deprived of all accents. Didn't have a single one. *sniff* And then I saw yours just lying around, completely unguarded, and well, I just couldn't help myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.