PDA

View Full Version : Cerridwen Press or Harlequin?

Writer2011
09-01-2006, 02:35 AM
Got a question...which is better? Cerridwen Press or Harlequin?

I went on both sites and each have their own criteria, ect. Which is fine... However, I was wondering which was better in the way of people buying the books.

Let me back up a minute... :)

Which has more visitors and who is more reliable? Cerridwen Press or Harlequin?

Harlequin has a new line coming out in February 2007--it's called Harlequin Everlasting.. which I think is pretty cool.

Anyway, just wondered what your thoughts were.

Susan Gable
09-01-2006, 03:20 AM
Got a question...which is better? Cerridwen Press or Harlequin?

I went on both sites and each have their own criteria, ect. Which is fine... However, I was wondering which was better in the way of people buying the books.

Let me back up a minute... :)

Which has more visitors and who is more reliable? Cerridwen Press or Harlequin?

Harlequin has a new line coming out in February 2007--it's called Harlequin Everlasting.. which I think is pretty cool.

Anyway, just wondered what your thoughts were.

Uhhhhhh...this is easy, IMHO. If you're looking for wider distribution and bigger sales, Harlequin is the way to go for a book such as Cerridwen accepts. Now, if you were writing erotica, I might say go with Cerridwen's "sister press," Ellora's Cave, because they have done one heck of a job with that market.

But for a more mainstream novel, Harlequin wins, hands down.

Susan G.

Writer2011
09-01-2006, 03:24 AM
Thank you :) The only problem is my story doesn't really fit into any of their categories, except the newest one called Harlequin Everlasting.

The story focuses around a single girl (early twenties) who becomes a flight attendant... she falls in love and stays with the guy--However she has several conflicts along the way...

brainstorm77
09-01-2006, 01:29 PM
Harlequin is HUGE while Cerridwen is smaller...... But it would depend on where your manuscript fits... Personally I would submit to Harlequin first....

Susan Gable
09-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Thank you :) The only problem is my story doesn't really fit into any of their categories, except the newest one called Harlequin Everlasting.

The story focuses around a single girl (early twenties) who becomes a flight attendant... she falls in love and stays with the guy--However she has several conflicts along the way...

That doesn't sound like an Everlasting to me, either. Everlasting is the story of a lifetime relationship. It shows various stages of that relationship.

If your story doesn't fit one of their lines, then submitting to them would simply be a waste of your resources, both time and money.

Susan G.

Writer2011
09-01-2006, 06:11 PM
I know...and that's why i've been contemplating on submitting to Cerridwen (not sure of the spelling)... Although i've been thinking of an Everlasting novel...

Again thank you though...

brainstorm77
09-03-2006, 03:00 AM
I know...and that's why i've been contemplating on submitting to Cerridwen (not sure of the spelling)... Although i've been thinking of an Everlasting novel...

Again thank you though...

Cerridwen Press the sister company of Ellora's Cave appears to be doing extremely well. It would be a great acomplishment to be published by them :)