PDA

View Full Version : Fun Thread: You know you're a writer when... (Moved: Novels to Roundtable)

brainstorm77
08-29-2006, 03:20 PM
Lets see how many different ones we can come up with, finish this sentence : You know you're a writer when....

brainstorm77
08-29-2006, 03:21 PM
You know you're a writer when coffee becomes your new best friend! :)

aadams73
08-29-2006, 03:39 PM
You know the difference between "your" and "you're." ;)

Actually, you know you're a writer when you can't sleep because the characters won't shut up, so you roll over and start scribbling on the note pad you keep by the bed.

Vincent
08-29-2006, 03:44 PM
You know you're a writer when your name is Fyodor Dostoevsky.

brainstorm77
08-29-2006, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the grammer lesson, goes to show we can all learn something new.

seun
08-29-2006, 03:59 PM
You know you're a writer when you keep being asked why you never answer the phone.

CaroGirl
08-29-2006, 04:03 PM
You know you're a writer when a trip to the mailbox feels like Christmas and your birthday rolled into one. The anticipation and excitement, and then subsequent dejection when you discover you didn't get what you wanted after all.

gromhard
08-29-2006, 04:24 PM
You know you're a writer when you're jotting down ideas with broken fingers.

You know you're a Romance writer when you have more cats than friends.

ADULT WARNING NEXT JOKE
You know you're a sci fi writer when you're masturbating more times a day than you wash.
[/ADULT WARNING]

You know you're a mystery writer when you find a dead body and check for clues before calling 911

You know you're a memoir/Non-fiction writer when you find yourself asking the checkout girl at Wal-Mart how she spells her last name.

You know you're a Fantasy writer when you have the thought, "If Horgath was here he'd make that bully give me back my underpants."

You know you're a horror writer when your kids stop asking for bedtime stories.

You know you're a contemp/mainstream writer when someone calls your literary writing "quaint"

You know you're a poet when you start writing out your grocery list in iambic pentameter.

You know you're a literary writer when the genre writers all say you suck.

You know you're a SCREENwriter when a REAL writer talks down to you.

You know you're an Erotica writer when you no longer need a thesarus to find twenty synonyms for the word "hole"

You know your a blogger when no one will publish you.

You know you're a writer when someone uses "good" when they should have used "well" and you respond by slashing their cheek with a rusty knife.

Sorry I know a lot of these were bad but they were all in the spirit of fun. I'll try to think of nice happy ones to counteract the mean ones.

Nangleator
08-29-2006, 04:29 PM
...when you're trying to enjoy a nice book or movie, and there's a plot twist that surprises you, and you think 'Nice one! But it would have been better if...'

Carrie in PA
08-29-2006, 04:31 PM
... when you find yourself jotting notes on a tissue - with barely tinted
lip gloss - so you don't forget a crucial storyline.

seun
08-29-2006, 04:36 PM
...when you watch a film and think it would have been a better book.

brainstorm77
08-29-2006, 05:05 PM
...when you watch a film and think it would have been a better book.

I do that all the time. :)

aric77
08-29-2006, 05:07 PM
...you're reading your favorite book by your favortie author and start noticing all the errors an dmisspellings. thereby ruining teh book entirely:cry:

Bubastes
08-29-2006, 05:10 PM
...when you lust after office supplies.

LeftUnsaid
08-29-2006, 06:33 PM
when, at a store, people behind you in line at the check-out start complaining because you're holding up the line because you just had to write down a great idea and you turn to the people and tell them that they'll never understand the plight of a writer, followed by giving them a glare saying and if you don't shut up I'll make something awful happen to you in my next story.

Oh, and here's one I picked up from yesterdays happenstance..

when you're standing in the middle of a library staring at the lighting above you as you're deep in contemplative thought of what it would feel like to see your name on a library shelf. "Miss, are you alright?" "Me? Yeah, I'm just a writer." "Oh, of course."

ChaosTitan
08-29-2006, 07:44 PM
...when you write down a dream right after waking up, with every intention of using it for a short story later.

DeborahM
08-29-2006, 08:00 PM
you realize you're dreaming a great plot in your sleep and you have to wake up and write to get it out of your system because just jotting it down isn't going to work.

you're driving down the road and grab your voice activated recorder when you have a great idea, so you don't have to pull over and jot it down because by the time you do get through the traffic and grab your jounal, you've forgotten that thought because of cursing at the traffic.

watching a mystery movie and guess the murderer in the first 15 minutes and watch the rest of the movie for nothing.

or watching a mystery movie and think to yourself I've written a better plot and subplots and get irratated because that lousy movie made it and you still haven't gotten published.

Thomma Lyn
08-29-2006, 08:33 PM
You know you're a writer when you can't sleep because the characters won't shut up, so you roll over and start scribbling on the note pad you keep by the bed.

Ahh! Ain't it the truth. :) And what a grand feeling it is!

You know you're a writer when:

(1) You stare at people in public who look like the characters in your head.

(2) You actually welcome insomnia when it gives you more time to write.

(3) You see life through literature-colored glasses: as in, wow, (such and such) would seem improbable and/or like a plot hole if it were in a novel... ;)

(4) You can't turn off your inner editor when you're reading for pleasure.

Carrie in PA
08-29-2006, 08:39 PM
... when you're standing at the register and you're actually thinking,

The cashier's gravelly voice boomed over the loudspeaker, "Price check, aisle four." She drummed her talons impatiently on the cheap counter, watching the black plastic box, waiting for an answer. Finally, a crackling response, "Three fifty." Her painted red lips moved as she gnawed what I assumed to be a piece of gum. A squat man shifted his weight behind me and heaved a sigh. I turned and fixed him with an icy glare. Getting the point, he looked down and pretended to study his box of shredded wheat. I paid the cashier and headed out the door, my tampons procured. The automatic doors slid shut behind me, and I breathed a sigh of relief.

You know... crap like that. :roll:

LeeFlower
08-29-2006, 08:59 PM
...when you don't mind boring lecture classes because they're a chance to work on your novel ("I'm taking notes!").

...when guards at the Smithsonian stop asking what class you're taking notes for and start asking how the novel's coming.

...when your professors will accept "Sorry... I was writing" as an excuse for tardiness as long as you can prove it.

... when the science professor whose office hours you're abusing starts to catch on that you're not actually in any of his classes.

...when an English major tells you they're switching to a different major, and you're first reaction is "Oh, so you're actually getting serious about writing?"*

*this is true at my school because of the way our English major is designed... please no one kill me.

Jewel101
08-29-2006, 10:01 PM
...when you play scenes out in your head with the people you're staring at.

Mel
08-29-2006, 10:04 PM
Patches of scenery you see when out riding around makes you think they'd be a good place for something to happen in your story.

Signs. Obsure little towns and street names makes you look at them as names for places and objects in your work.

TheGaffer
08-29-2006, 10:14 PM
---when you read a news article and it inspires you to add 2 new characters to your story, thus sewing up a plot hole and providing a transition through a rough patch.

---when you go on vacation and take pictures of places for the express purposes of having a recall of the building's layout, so you can use it for your book.

MidnightMuse
08-29-2006, 10:26 PM
When you spend more time finding just the right name for your characters than most people take naming their children.

Sassenach
08-29-2006, 10:46 PM
When you stop wasting time on message boards.

Bufty
08-30-2006, 12:00 AM
...when you stumble on posts like this and spray a mouthful of coffee all over the monitor.

underthecity
08-30-2006, 12:35 AM
When you actively listen to inane conversations between coworkers or strangers in public to find good lines to use in your novel . . . . And then actually use them.

When you compliment your wife; but continue it as a descriptive narrative piece showing the way she's dressed and how she looks.

When you have to contact complete strangers to ask about their profession or where they work or hang out for information for your WIP.

allen

country-writer
08-30-2006, 12:48 AM
When you can't pass a display of pens at an office supply store without salivating and checking your wallet to see how many new pens you can buy on your budget.

scribbler1382
08-30-2006, 02:40 AM
Point of View has nothing to do with an opinion.

DragonHeart
08-30-2006, 06:06 AM
...you own more books than the local Barnes and Noble, and every single one has red pen all over it because you knew you could write it better.

~DragonHeart~

smiley10000
08-30-2006, 09:08 AM
...when you hang out in coffee shops cuddling nothing more than your pen, paper and extra large coffee.

...when you take showers only when you have writer's block and get dressed only when forced.

You guys are hilarious!
:ROFL: 10000

BardSkye
08-30-2006, 09:31 AM
...when you call your husband by your main character's name...

mjlpsu
08-30-2006, 09:36 AM
...when you attend a hippie university for your MFA and you complain that the school is full of freaks who will never amount to anything in the world... and the rest of the writers in your program agree.

DeborahM
08-30-2006, 06:41 PM
You're out on a date, who incessently talks about themselves, or some subject you find horribly mundane while you are sitting there smiling and thinking:

5) I think I'll rip the phone out of the wall when I get home.

4) When can I take her home or when will he take me home?

3) Would it be rude to write on my napkin?

2) Will they ever stop talking? It's interferring with my characters talking.

1) I gave up writing time for this?

JimmyB27
08-30-2006, 06:50 PM
...you have more notebooks than underpants.

Robert Toy
08-30-2006, 08:07 PM
...when you call your husband by your main character's name...
You know you're a divorced writer when you call your wife by your main character's name.

LilaDubois
08-30-2006, 08:20 PM
...when you already have the dedication and 'author's note' pages composed for a book you haven't written.

Bubastes
08-30-2006, 08:25 PM
You're out on a date, who incessently talks about themselves, or some subject you find horribly mundane while you are sitting there smiling and thinking:

5) I think I'll rip the phone out of the wall when I get home.

4) When can I take her home or when will he take me home?

3) Would it be rude to write on my napkin?

2) Will they ever stop talking? It's interferring with my characters talking.

1) I gave up writing time for this?

Or option (6): turn that date into a character in your next story. :D

These are hilarious! I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one on lots of these (like having more notebooks than underwear).

WriterInChains
08-30-2006, 11:25 PM
. . . the words "info dump" or "as you know, Bob" frequently come out of your mouth when you're at the movies.

. . . you want to pause a DVD to talk about whether stealing a teddy bear shows a character is greedy or thinks of his daughter constantly/above all else (my daughter & I while watching the remake of The Hills Have Eyes :)).

Very cool thread! :Sun:

DeborahM
08-30-2006, 11:48 PM
You know you're a writer when, you know you have GOT to get up and do "__insert priority__" but can't stop typing because you're on a roll.

MajorDrums
08-30-2006, 11:50 PM
...when you wish you can edit the world. where's my pen?

Robert Toy
08-31-2006, 12:01 AM
...when your making love, and thinking of your WIP.

Lolly
08-31-2006, 12:11 AM
When you get so bored at work you amuse yourself by inventing conversations between your characters.

When you read a news story and think, "That would make a cool plot line."

Jaycinth
08-31-2006, 12:47 AM
...when you go on vacation to a beach resort and wind up spending every waking moment locked in your room with coffee and your laptop and come home a shade lighter than when you left for the beach.

MidnightMuse
08-31-2006, 12:48 AM
When you keep five seperate notebooks in various places you frequent (home, office, car, sister's car, backpack) all holding various notes for the same story idea.

DeborahM
08-31-2006, 12:53 AM
driving down the highway and reach your destination when you suddenly realize you thought about your WIP all the way and don't remember the trip.

MajorDrums
08-31-2006, 07:52 PM
When you get so bored at work you amuse yourself by inventing conversations between your characters.

HA, i did this yesterday!

Scrawler
09-01-2006, 12:15 AM
...your conversations and actions silently are narrated, she wrote quickly happily knowingly. When people speak, you add things like "he said."

sanctuary6284
09-01-2006, 12:30 AM
You know you're a writer when, you know you have GOT to get up and do "__insert priority__" but can't stop typing because you're on a roll.

Bingo

you finish writing your essay for english class and when you look at the finished work it's the next part of your novel

brainstorm77
09-01-2006, 01:31 AM

Love that one hehehe :)

deltasierra
09-01-2006, 01:51 AM
. . . you fall in love with certain songs because they remind you of your characters.

. . . you can relate to over 50% of what people have posted in this thread. :)

imagoodgurl4
09-01-2006, 03:00 AM
....while at work you run to the bathroom every fifteen minutes with your pocket-sized notebook so you can scribble down a few ideas or conversations in the safety of the stall.

(I've never done this, so stop looking at me like that.) :-D

SeanDSchaffer
09-01-2006, 05:50 AM
Lets see how many different ones we can come up with, finish this sentence : You know you're a writer when....

1. You know you're a writer when people see your "do not disturb" sign and knock anyway, because after all, you're not doing anything important.

2. You know you're a writer when a beat-up old office chair is more comfortable than your couch.

3. You know you're a writer when neighbors' complaints include "Could you not bang on your keyboard so much? I'm trying to sleep."

dclary
09-01-2006, 11:30 AM
You know you're a writer when you see a fantastically hot woman, and all you can think is "Man I'd like to write her into a scene!"

Selcaby
09-01-2006, 06:19 PM
... when you see something on the news that's similar to an event in your novel, you remember your reactions to it so you can give them to your characters.

stormie
09-01-2006, 06:35 PM
When people speak, you add things like "he said."
Wow, the posts are all great, but I laughed out loud at this one.

DeborahM
09-01-2006, 07:21 PM
when you are sicker than a dog, but you still have to get that newly thought up dialogue or plot down on paper.

when you are on the phone conversing with someone, with one side of your brain listening to them while the other side is typing your WIP! I'm guilty of that one - many times over!

dclary
09-01-2006, 10:21 PM
... you hear about a new book by Michael Crichton, open up your idea journal and cross THAT one off your list, too.

KiwiChick
09-01-2006, 10:29 PM
...your husband is telling you about his day and when he finishes you realize that you didn't hear a word he said because shortly after he started talking you inadvertantly began plotting out your next scene in your head.

(Not that this has EVER happened to me. Nope. Not me.)

Guilty look.

...when you're talking to your friends and you finish your sentences with "she said".

...when you step on a nail and instead of screaming you try to find the perfect word to describe the feeling.

brainstorm77
09-02-2006, 03:56 AM
Guilty look.

...when you're talking to your friends and you finish your sentences with "she said".

...when you step on a nail and instead of screaming you try to find the perfect word to describe the feeling.

Heheh another good one :)

Cat Scratch
09-02-2006, 06:38 AM
...you've lost most of your friends because they're tired of you correcting their spoken grammar.

Bubastes
09-02-2006, 06:42 AM
...you've lost most of your friends because they're tired of you correcting their spoken grammar.

...you've stopped talking because you're tired of cringing over your own spoken grammar mistakes.

SeanDSchaffer
09-02-2006, 07:26 AM
...you've stopped talking because you're tired of cringing over your own spoken grammar mistakes.

...You stop talking mid-sentence because you realize you've just made a mistake.

LeeFlower
09-02-2006, 07:29 AM
...you're scared of blog comment threads because they don't have an 'edit' feature, and you're afraid you'll make a grammar mistake that will become forever a googlable part of the internet canon.

Kristen King
09-02-2006, 09:09 AM
...your conversations and actions silently are narrated, she wrote quickly happily knowingly. When people speak, you add things like "he said."

Okay, I admit it, I often do this aloud.

kk

earthshoes
09-02-2006, 09:28 AM
You know you're a writer when you find yourself explaining to people exactly how Stephen King pulls his reader's strings . . . and that it's not that hard once you understand it.

You know you're a mystery/horror writer when you are constantly looking for the story that will really, truly scare you so you can figure out how the writer did it and how you can reproduce the effect.

You know you're a writer when you stop telling most people that you're a writer.

Ardellis
09-02-2006, 01:59 PM
You know you're a writer when...

...you rewrite every paragraph you read.

...you get jealous when you run into a really great character in someone else's work.

...you never leave the office at lunchtime.

...you think having the house to yourself is an unrivalled luxury.

...you get up at 5am on a Saturday because your characters won't let you sleep in.

Lolly
09-04-2006, 12:21 AM
. . . you fall in love with certain songs because they remind you of your characters.

YES! I can totally relate to that!

Lolly
09-04-2006, 12:23 AM
HA, i did this yesterday!

I have plotted entire scenes while at work.

Nyna
09-04-2006, 02:07 AM
...When your roommate knocks on your door and asks if everything's okay, and you realize you've been jumping around acting out a scene, complete with dialogue, and it's after three in the morning.

brainstorm77
09-04-2006, 02:51 AM
when you cry cause the scene you wrote killed off a character.

K1P1
09-04-2006, 03:07 AM
When something happens to your mother the week after you wrote the same thing happening to the main character's mother in your novel. And you feel guilty.

Eärendil
09-04-2006, 03:23 AM
...when your girlfriend calls you and she hangs up after you bark "I'm writing!" and she doesn't take it offensively.

...when going to bed at 3:00 AM seems perfectly reasonable when you reach the most exciting part in Chapter Seven and you don't want to stop writing it.

...when your vocabulary successfully confuses someone four times your age.

SeanDSchaffer
09-04-2006, 05:08 AM
...when your girlfriend calls you and she hangs up after you bark "I'm writing!" and she doesn't take it offensively.

...when going to bed at 3:00 AM seems perfectly reasonable when you reach the most exciting part in Chapter Seven and you don't want to stop writing it.

I can definitely identify with that last one! I'm always confusing people older than me when all I'm doing is making conversation.
:ROFL:

stace001
09-04-2006, 10:06 AM
You know you're a writer when people keep telling you "my life would make a great book. Why don't you write a book about me?":rant:

Angelinity
09-04-2006, 10:28 AM
...when you start dreaming side stories about your characters... damn, they're persistent sometimes!

DeborahM
09-05-2006, 01:41 AM
when you're on a roll writing and your body tells you, you have to pee. You think, do I stop now or see how long I can hold it.

brainstorm77
09-05-2006, 07:36 PM
When you fight with your characters about the outcome of your story :)

scribbler1382
09-05-2006, 07:38 PM
When your pulse races at the words "back to school sale" even if you're in your forties and don't have kids.

Selcaby
09-06-2006, 02:36 AM
... you critique and analyse the folk songs you hear. "What's the point of this man in the first two verses when we never see him again? If the girl has a double chin, is that evidence of a different standard of beauty or is this song satire or something? Those words don't rhyme. Why don't you substitute this instead?"

PeeDee
09-06-2006, 03:07 AM
You know you're a writer when you're walking in the rain with lightning and thunder crashing around you, too close for comfort, and you're soaked to the bone and next to a lake and well aware that this is a bad time to be outside...

...and all you can think is "This is great! What a mood setting this is! Gawd, I could set the climax of my story just like this, this is awesome!"

brainstorm77
09-06-2006, 04:07 AM
When you fight with your characters get mad then kill them off to get even!!! hehehe.

Declan
09-06-2006, 12:56 PM
You know you're a writer when the first question you have to ask at your work is, "Would you like fries with that?"

NightWynde
09-06-2006, 01:49 PM
When your idea of a "new toy" is a dictionary.

brainstorm77
09-06-2006, 02:04 PM
When your pulse races at the words "back to school sale" even if you're in your forties and don't have kids.

cute lol

littlewriter
09-06-2006, 03:15 PM
you know you are a writer when you stare at the blank computer screen and droplets of blood form on your forehead! (that's how i am feeling at the moment anyway)

you know you are a writer when you can't read a book for editing it, and you narrate films or real life.

Angelinity
09-06-2006, 03:33 PM
...when you manipulate real people into tight corners just to see how they will react--anyone done that? (would never admit to it, myself!)

SeanDSchaffer
09-06-2006, 06:53 PM
You know you're a writer when your social life consists of writer's groups and forums, almost exclusively.

You know you're a writer when you have to make at least three backup copies of your WIP for fear your computer will go down while you're working on it.

You know you're a writer when you are more worried about your grammar and spelling than your health or the cleanliness of your home.

You know you're a writer when you have to make at least three drafts of your posts at forums such as AW.

DeborahM
09-06-2006, 07:57 PM
when you have a dictionary and thesaurus next to you AND have an online dictionary/thesaurus on drop screen for when you can't find the word in the first two.

when you write a word that would fit perfectly only to find Word rejects the spelling and has no suggestions, you think...I wonder if I could get Websters to put it into the dictionary.

Southern_girl29
09-06-2006, 07:59 PM
You know you're a writer when you fall in love with your main character.

icerose
09-06-2006, 08:08 PM
You know you're a writer when you can kill off a person in the most gruesome manners, cry over their body, and not face any long term mental scars along with avoiding all legal implications.

You know you're a writer when you have callouses of your fingertips from all the typing.

You know you're a writer when five more minutes, means until my muse runs out of steam because I'm not about to stop now!

You know you're a writer when the world could fall apart and you wouldn't even notice it because you are absorbed into your writing.

You know you're a writer when terms like BIC isn't referring to a pen company.

You know you're a writer when frantic scribbles on a scrap of paper or something resembling paper is more precious to you than your wallet at the moment.

You know you're a writer when something excites you enough to jump out of your chair and say "Yes, that's perfect, I'll use that one in the next chapter!" and the person sitting next to you has no idea what you saw/heard/thought of.

brainstorm77
09-06-2006, 08:12 PM
You know you're a writer when you develop a god like complex and aspire to control the 'real world' some day. LMAO

PeeDee
09-06-2006, 08:17 PM
You know you're a writer when you develop a god like complex and aspire to control the 'real world' some day. LMAO

Nah. You know you're a writer when you have the ability to control the world someday, but mostly you just want to sit at home, not have to shave or go to work, or answer the phone, because you've got this really good bit you want to write about.

jbal
09-06-2006, 08:36 PM
...when you do second drafts of your posts on AW.

PattiTheWicked
09-06-2006, 08:51 PM
You know you're a writer when you can't recall whether a conversation took place in your "real life" or if you just wrote it in your WIP.

"Honey, remember a few weeks ago when you said that you... uh... oh. That wasn't you. Never mind."

KatRiley
09-06-2006, 08:51 PM
... when you're watching a movie and blurt out "As you know, Bob" in response to bad dialog and everyone in the room turns and stares.

brainstorm77
09-06-2006, 08:55 PM
...when you do second drafts of your posts on AW.

HEY!!!! LOL I do that all the time :)

DeborahM
09-06-2006, 09:02 PM
You know you're a writer when you can kill off a character and get away with it, without serving real time!

Southern_girl29
09-06-2006, 09:24 PM
You know you're a writer when you can't recall whether a conversation took place in your "real life" or if you just wrote it in your WIP.

"Honey, remember a few weeks ago when you said that you... uh... oh. That wasn't you. Never mind."

I've done that before. DH has learned to ignore it, lol.

PeeDee
09-06-2006, 09:49 PM
You know you're a writer when you have to sit quietly on the couch during a murder-mystery, and your wife keeps suggesting theories as to whodunit, and you can't say a word because not only did you figure it out already, but you've just re-written the entire thing in your head...and it's better.

Tracy
09-06-2006, 10:53 PM
You know you're a writer when your friend is telling you the disaster that's just happened to her, that is absolute meltdown for her life - and all you can think is, Boy this would make a terrific novel!. And, worse, you start analysing her emotions and reactions even as you are - quite genuinely - comforting her and empathising with her.
This really happened to me. My third novel was inspired by my friend's catastrophe. I was ashamed, but not very. I did ask her first, and she was happy for me to write about it - I don't know if that redeems me.
But it was/is a terrific book -I don't know if that redeems me.

Also, others have touched upon it, but you know you're a writer when bad things happen to you and you start analysing and mining your own emotions. I do this all the time, from punctures to job losses.

I don't know if it means anything, but for years as a child I used to narrate my own life to myself. "She's walking downstairs now," I'd think, "and now she's going into the kitchen". I never told anybody this before, and now I've told the world! Did I know I was a writer then?

KatyaFleur
09-06-2006, 11:33 PM
I don't know if it means anything, but for years as a child I used to narrate my own life to myself. "She's walking downstairs now," I'd think, "and now she's going into the kitchen". I never told anybody this before, and now I've told the world! Did I know I was a writer then?

LOL! You're not alone there. I did that for a long time as a kid, as a way of entertaining myself during mundane activities. A couple of times, when conversing with my mother, I accidentally ended the sentence with "she said." Guess I should have known then that I wanted to be a writer.

Katya

stormie
09-07-2006, 04:07 AM
You know you're a writer when all you want for a birthday present is a new dictionary and thesaurus.

When you're writing an early reader and start talking in short sentences using only three letter words.

When you wait impatiently for the new Staples store nearby to have its grand-opening so you can get lost in its aisles, instead of going online and merely looking at pictures of markers and file folders.

allion
09-07-2006, 04:37 AM
When you cherish the lovely writer's callus on your middle finger where your pen rests

Karen

PattiTheWicked
09-07-2006, 04:58 AM
You know you're a writer when you have to sit quietly on the couch during a murder-mystery, and your wife keeps suggesting theories as to whodunit, and you can't say a word because not only did you figure it out already, but you've just re-written the entire thing in your head...and it's better.

You know you're a writer when you're watching ANY movie, and say to your SO "I betcha the hero goes and does X, and then the chick and that other guy will have to Y."

And then they do.

And when your SO give you The Look, you shrug and say "That's how I'd have written it."

I totally ruined Fight Club for my husband.

Jenan Mac
09-07-2006, 08:25 PM

:idea:
::trying to think of who I know that's 188::

DeborahM
09-07-2006, 09:12 PM
you know you're a writer when you'd rather have a coffee IV than have to keep jumping up and getting more coffee.

stormie
09-07-2006, 09:31 PM
you know you're a writer when you'd rather have a coffee IV than have to keep jumping up and getting more coffee.

Yes!!

Aubrey
09-07-2006, 09:32 PM
I have a million of these!

You know you're a writer when:

-You can't read, watch or even write anything without ideas for side stories popping up all over.

-You see someone like Paris Hilton and think "What a flat character, she's such a Mary Sue" before remembering she's real.

-Your muse has a schedule all its own and it won't have anything to do with the one you set for it.

-You can't fall asleep for hours due to your mind imaging scenes between your characters.

-Word prossessor programs and notebooks are fair weather friends to you; warm and inviting at times, snobby and refusing to be touched at others.

-Forms of entertainment make you think "I wonder if (character) would like this?"

-Everytime you notice a personal flaw of yours, your first instinct is to foist it on a character rather than work at correcting it.

-When your muse takes vacations you feel like sobbing and running after it.

-You find yourself playing editor to everything you read (that was written by others)

-You notice when someone uses "said" to death and want to scream.

-You notice when someone is allergic to "said" and want to throttle them.

Nakhlasmoke
09-08-2006, 07:24 PM
You know you're a writer when you read this: http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn7927

and just know that the worm is your next character-waiting-to-happen.

Or maybe that's just me.

Branwyn
09-08-2006, 07:33 PM
You know you're a writer when you tantrum out of a room lamenting, "this $h!t gets made into a movie and I can't get published! How is that possible?":rant:

ctheokas
09-08-2006, 07:44 PM
You know you're a writer when you forge in the smithy of your soul the uncreated conscience of your race.

Kristen King
09-09-2006, 12:16 AM
...you're in the shower and you start laughing so hard that you almost slip and fall, and it's because you thought of something hilarious for one of your characters to say, do, or think. (I actually had one of these because I thought of something hilarious for me to write that had nothing to do with my WIP. My husband thought I was having some kind of attack and came rushing into the bathroom to make sure I was okay. I tried to explain, but he didn't get it.)

PeeDee
09-09-2006, 01:52 AM
You know you're a married writer when...your dinner conversation on many nights consists of you explaining why The Scene You Wrote Today didn't work and how you wrote it four different times, and finally it did work, and now that you understand how you got it to work, you realize that you didn't know your character at all, and it makes you insecure about the beginning of your novel and you have a terrible feeling that the entire rest of your novel has just changed drastically because of a scene you thought was just filler but turned out to be the single most important scene in the book and at the same time you're really excited to see where it goes and then all of a sudden you realize you're eating alone because your wife has gone into the living room to find more interesting company such as cats and plants.

arrowqueen
09-09-2006, 03:20 AM
...when there's no such thing as 'a suprise ending', because you've either read or written them all.

PeeDee
09-09-2006, 03:38 AM
...when there's no such thing as 'a suprise ending', because you've either read or written them all.

Well, I dunno. I hadn't previously read "Secret Window, Secret Garden" when I saw the movie in theaters, and I didn't guess the twist until things started coming a little unraveled. Suddenly, I sat up and when "Wow! Cool! Oh my god! ****!" And my wife sat up and went "Shut up!"

I can still be surprised, and I cherish that. But then, I don't generally analyze movies when I'm watching them, I do that afterward. Watching them, I'm an open book.

(er. Sorry. This isn't a "you're a writer when..." post at all, is it?)

unthoughtknown
09-09-2006, 06:42 AM
You know you're a writer when... you make money from it.

(Yes, I thought that was funny, too.)

brainstorm77
09-09-2006, 05:34 PM
You know you're a writer when you get crossed eyed from being on this forum for hours at a time......

Serenity
09-09-2006, 05:57 PM
You have actual conversations (alone) in your car on your way to and from work just so you can work out a scene. People look at you strangely, and you don't mind, in fact, you use it in the scene.

SeanDSchaffer
09-09-2006, 08:56 PM
You know you're a writer when you get crossed eyed from being on this forum for hours at a time......

Or when your mouse hand goes completely numb from being on this forum for hours at a time....and you frankly don't give a rat's rear end.

KiwiChick
09-09-2006, 09:52 PM

Hey, I thought that was just me!

arrowqueen
09-09-2006, 11:59 PM
'Sorry. This isn't a "you're a writer when..." post at all, is it?'

No. It's a 'Let's argue with aq again.' post.

:tongue

brainstorm77
02-16-2009, 09:44 PM
When coffee becomes your best late night friend.

The Lonely One
02-16-2009, 09:49 PM
When you indulge a 124 post forum thread about being a writer :)

brainstorm77
02-16-2009, 09:51 PM
When you indulge a 124 post forum thread about being a writer :)

true :)

DeleyanLee
02-16-2009, 09:54 PM
You know you're a writer when you ask strangers if you can give one of your characters their really cool name.

You know you're a writer when you console a writing friend who just had a tragedy with "But think of the story fodder!"

You know you've got a writer friend when they agree with you and become happy after you say that.

Stunted
02-16-2009, 10:58 PM
...when your hands are covered with seemingly random words all the time.

...when you always ruin movies by accurately predicting the endings and telling everyone.

stormie
02-16-2009, 11:05 PM
...when you always ruin movies by accurately predicting the endings and telling everyone.
Yes! I did that the other day. Or I say, "I'd have written it differently." Or I find the flaws and tell everyone during the movie. Everyone just loves being my friend.

Bubastes
02-16-2009, 11:16 PM
When you buy an Alphasmart device.

scarletpeaches
02-16-2009, 11:17 PM

Correction: when you talk someone else into buying you an AlphaSmart Neo.:D

Sirion
02-16-2009, 11:18 PM
When every time you hear that something happened on the news, you think "that might make a good novel..."

kdnxdr
02-16-2009, 11:47 PM
You know you're a writer when you rather write than have a social life.

stormie
02-17-2009, 12:22 AM
You know you're a writer when you rather write than have a social life.
And you'd rather write about the imagined social life.

LynneKBM
02-17-2009, 12:29 AM
You intentionally introduce yourself to someone at a social gathering because that person looks like one of your characters and you want to "capture" them talking.

Feathers
02-17-2009, 08:03 AM
When you find yourself morbidly fascinated with details like how adrenaline is administered, or if a BB gun could kill a man at ten feet.

When you sit through 2+ hours of special features, just to see the screenwriter talk about his script.

When you have a good day out, but still miss your novel

When you can't help but throw of trivia like, "Do you know snails shrivel up under salt?" or "in the 1900's, toilets were worshiped by some cults"

When coffee shops mean more to you than coffee

-Feathers

ccarver30
02-17-2009, 08:13 AM
The whole characters keeping you awake at night is so true.
Also, you know what a WIP is.

Birol
02-17-2009, 08:14 AM
I was going to move this re-arisen thread to OP, then I saw Arrow Queen's post on page 4 or 5 and decided to let it stand in Novels. At least for the time being.

RIP, AQ.

Carry on, all.

Henri Bauholz
02-17-2009, 11:46 AM
When you put on thirty pounds for lack of physical activity.

Hillgate
02-17-2009, 12:22 PM
In film, you know you're the writer when you're barred from the set.:D

Charlie Horse
02-17-2009, 06:15 PM
You know you're a writer when people ask you what you do, and you say "I'm a writer."

*Pudge*
02-17-2009, 08:10 PM

Yey! There is hope then!!

Horserider
02-18-2009, 02:29 AM
...you go on vacation and when asked what you did, the only thing you can remember is all the writing you did on the car drive up and back.

...you write everything you do in your head like a first person novel. (I used to do this ALL the time, but not so much anymore)

...when you go back to work/school after a vacation and your teacher/coworkers ask you what you did, you answer: "I finished my novel!" as the only thing you did. (I am guilty of this one)

...a form rejection received in your e-mail makes you happy.

...your family does something to annoy you and you think, 'Someone's not getting a dedication in my next novel.' (i did this one last night)

...the first thing you do in the morning when you wake up from an interesting dream is find a notebook or your laptop and write it down as a possible story idea. (i have now done this three times)

...you stay up until midnight every night because you're on a roll writing. Even if you have to get up at 6 am the next morning and know you'll be exhausted.

when you're on a roll writing and your body tells you, you have to pee. You think, do I stop now or see how long I can hold it.

...when you have to pee and you pick up your laptop and take it into the bathroom with you.

...you can't wait for someone to invent waterproof laptops so you can write in the shower. (so me)

...when a partial request makes your whole week.

...when your new year's resolution is not to loose weight, eat healthier or help the environment, but to find the perfect agent or finish your first novel.

I did the exact same thing and didn't tell anyone. Thought I might be crazy, but now I know I'm just a writer. :D

...it occurs to you the next morning at breakfast that you can't remember whether or not you had dinner the night before because you spent all the time writing. (i did this)

TheGreyLady
02-18-2009, 02:53 AM
...when you lust after office supplies.

I DO THAT. You should see me at Staples, god, it's orgasmic. PENCILS. They're my very favorite objects in the world.

FOTSGreg
02-18-2009, 03:01 AM
When you're at work doing whatever it is you do by rote while you mull plot elements and characters and the latest book you're reading...

When you're analyzing the latest book you're reading for elements you could use in your own writing...

When you spot the least typo in a 400-page book and feel disgust for a book not edited well-enough...

When you get that contract in the mail...

DamaNegra
02-18-2009, 03:03 AM
I DO THAT. You should see me at Staples, god, it's orgasmic. PENCILS. They're my very favorite objects in the world.

I'm very guilty of this one as well. I can spend literally hours salivating over office supplies.

Shweta
02-18-2009, 03:16 AM
Oof. Here I was wondering how I could possibly have missed a thread this long. Glad to see it's a zombie.

Moved to roundtable. Trying to keep Novels for, y'know, novel writing things rather than general-writerly things.

mekolo_diesne
02-18-2009, 10:09 PM
Okay, these are all awesome. Now for my two cents worth.

You know you're a writer when...

You have a hard time deciphering the difference between your thoughts and reality.

You can read five chapters of a book, and be able to discuss the book better than one who has read the whole thing.

Your mom's always complaining about how long it takes you to get up every morning, when you know you've been up three hours more than she has.

You set your alarm clock to 1 AM to 'wake' you from your thoughts, so you can actually get to the computer long enough to write.

You have a word document up and ready when you watch anything on youtube.

This is your favorite smiley. :e2writer:

Broadswordbabe
02-18-2009, 11:30 PM
Your coffee intake is greater than your food intake.

When someone asks, "How's it going?" you automatically assume that they expect a writing-related answer.

And they usually do because most of the people you communicate with are also writers.

You resent your day job because it eats into writing time and you plot putting its most irritating inhabitants into a story and having something vile happen to them.

You believe that the above, rather than living well, is the best revenge.

Whenever you aren't writing you feel guilty.

The Lonely One
02-19-2009, 12:17 AM
The whole characters keeping you awake at night is so true.
Also, you know what a WIP is.

Yeah, isn't it an intertwined bit of leather used to inflict pain?

Wait, what does it mean?

Pshhht. Same thing.

Wayne K
02-19-2009, 12:42 AM
You know you're a writer when you go into great detail about a book you're working on with someone who looks like they could care less.

The Lonely One
02-19-2009, 12:57 AM
You know you're a writer when you go into great detail about a book you're working on with someone who looks like they could care less.

On that note:

You know you're a writer when you step out from work call your wife, exasperated, to tell her you've finally figured out how your MC is going to solve the whole messy deal of dying.

True story (Future tense). I'll be right bacK!

cooeedownunder
02-19-2009, 01:09 AM
You know the difference between lie, lay, laid - :Shrug: that leaves me out.

Wayne K
02-19-2009, 02:02 AM
Obviously Microsoft Word is not a writer.

swvaughn
02-20-2009, 06:48 AM
I'm so glad to see that most modern writers are addicted to coffee rather than alcohol. I was beginning to think I was the exception to the norm. :D

Anyway - you know you're a writer when you spend an hour trying to think of a clever response to a thread like this, in order to prove you're a good writer (and when you can't think of a clever response, even after an hour of thinking, you know you're a writer who is supposed to be writing right now, on account of a deadline, but is stalling).

Also, you'll use 25 words when 5 would have sufficed. :D

Wayne K
02-20-2009, 02:34 PM
I'm so glad to see that most modern writers are addicted to coffee rather than alcohol. :D
Sometimes I'm a little bit of both.

brainstorm77
02-20-2009, 03:56 PM
I'm so glad to see that most modern writers are addicted to coffee rather than alcohol. I was beginning to think I was the exception to the norm. :D

Anyway - you know you're a writer when you spend an hour trying to think of a clever response to a thread like this, in order to prove you're a good writer (and when you can't think of a clever response, even after an hour of thinking, you know you're a writer who is supposed to be writing right now, on account of a deadline, but is stalling).

Also, you'll use 25 words when 5 would have sufficed. :D

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm coffee!

stormie
02-20-2009, 05:52 PM
You know you're a writer when every. single. person. you meet, you closely watch their mannerisms for potential future characters in a story.

Ms.Write
02-20-2009, 09:13 PM
You know you're a writer when your characters keep you up at night... or when you come to THE END of your novel and wonder what happens next to all these people you've grown to care about!

Bubastes
02-20-2009, 09:21 PM
. . . when you carry index cards and a pen everywhere so you can take notes while eavesdropping on other people.

. . . when you actually enjoy reading Strunk and White.

Robin Bayne
02-20-2009, 09:24 PM
When you ruin the ending of movies for your spouse because you've followed the foreshadowing and know how it will wrap up.

terminal humanity
02-22-2009, 12:37 PM
when it plagues your mind day and night until you get that perfect sentence that allows you to continue writing.

Wayne K
02-22-2009, 02:20 PM
when it plagues your mind day and night until you get that perfect sentence that allows you to continue writing.
Exactly, but then you toss it and rewrite it again so that you can edit it, edit it, and then throw it in the garbage. {Three weeks later} "I really like that line" Rinse, lather, repeat.

Mr Flibble
02-22-2009, 02:25 PM
When you ruin the ending of movies for your spouse because you've followed the foreshadowing and know how it will wrap up.

Mine always guesses the ending five minutes into the film anyway

But I'm annoying to watch films with because I make up back stories to explain why people behave as they do...

Robin Bayne
02-22-2009, 11:48 PM
Mine always guesses the ending five minutes into the film anyway

But I'm annoying to watch films with because I make up back stories to explain why people behave as they do...

Well now he keeps looking over during movies and saying. "That's foreshadowing." "Is this the big black moment?"

I have created a monster.:D

The Lonely One
02-23-2009, 12:06 AM

I sometimes think my wife should be the writer and I should throw in the towel when we watch movies.

Watching "Better Off Dead" the other night (which I've seen multiple times, her never):

Her: She doesn't really only speak french, does she?
Me: Have you seen this movie?
Her: She's going to fix his car and he'll end up with her.
Me: I'm going to bed.

Mr Flibble
02-23-2009, 12:28 AM
Just like my Old Man.

Literally five minutes into the Sixth Sense he turns round and says ( spoiler ) He's dead.

*sigh* Talk about ruin the twist!

Horserider
02-23-2009, 12:43 AM
LOL I don't have that problem. However I should only watch movies that are based on books alone. I can complain about the smallest deviation from the book. (i.e. Harry Potter)

I thought of a few more...

...when you can't wait for summer not because it'll be warmer, the snow will be gone, or vacations, but because you can go outside and write.

...when the highlight of your week is the SFF chat Thursday or the FF on Sunday.

leenakincaid
02-24-2009, 08:50 AM
when you cry cause the scene you wrote killed off a character.

I bawled so much when I did that!

You know you're a writer when 65% of the statements, particularly the ones about coffee, apply to you.

You know you're a writer when you're screaming (mentally) at your MC "TELL ME WHY YOU WOULD GO TO AN ANIME CONVENTION (this is so MC can meet the love of his life). NOW." and MC does not respond. You know he's smirking at you. Bastard. (I've been having some difficulties.)

eLfwriter
02-24-2009, 09:29 AM
... you're a fantasy writer when you can't find places on a globe, but you can map out your alter-earth in under ten seconds (complete with to-scale spacing between cities, villages, battlegrounds, and important citadels).

... you read the office supply posts and had an immediate yearning for a brand new, blank, unlined notebook.

... you watch the movie and complain to everyone in earshot that your favorite parts of the book were cut out to make room for things that didn't happen in the novel. (What the ... there were NO elves at Helm's Deep! What's going on?!)

... none of the above posts about 'voices' sounded crazy to you. You actually found yourself nodding and saying things like, "I can relate to that" or "I do that all the time" or "That's so true!"

... when you get invited to sleepovers and marshmallow roasts not because you're popular, but because you tell the best ghost stories.

... you don't see anything wrong with holding a two-sided conversation with yourself, complete with alternate (and usually badly faked) accents, just so you can see "how that would roll off the tongue" in real life.

... you act out a scene just to prove to yourself that it would work out as well in real life as it did in your head.

... you swindle your brother into being the antagonist in the above point. And he agrees on the basis of 'it's story research'. (but he refused to wear the cape ... which means only half of my research is completed. Any volunteers for the other half? ;))

Terri
02-25-2009, 12:57 AM
You know you're a writer when you post in this thread.

Phantom
02-28-2009, 05:50 AM
You know you're a writer when.... you're at the movies with your friends and you whisper, "Hey, (insert your MC's name here), can you pass the popcorn?"

kristin724
02-28-2009, 09:54 AM
You know you're a writer when you correct the wordy pamphlets in the doctor's office.

Swordswoman
02-28-2009, 02:34 PM
...when you spend your savings to go to Barcelona to watch your favourite band ever, look forward to it for months - then tune out halfway through because you get this idea for a great scene you want to think about instead.

...when your partner says 'I know you're writing that character today, because I can hear the banging of the keyboard right through the ceiling'.

...and when an oil refinery blows up two miles from your house at 6.00 in the morning and you don't notice because you're writing.

All true... :o

thethinker42
02-28-2009, 02:54 PM
When you move to a gorgeous sub tropical island, but still have no qualms about going days on end without leaving the house...because there's WRITING TO BE DONE.

When you gauge how good a soon-to-be-written story is by how much sleep you lose because you can't stop thinking about it.

When you're at the computer, the cats' food dishes are empty, and they don't even bother to beg because they know it's not going to do any good.

When you frequently shake your head and say "nevermind", while thinking "bah, they don't get it...they're not a writer..."

When you can't figure out why other students are whining that they have to write a paper that's three THOUSAND(!!!) words long. Pfft. Amateurs.

Horserider
02-28-2009, 06:34 PM
When you're at the computer, the cats' food dishes are empty, and they don't even bother to beg because they know it's not going to do any good.

I can totally relate. Just wish my mom could.

....when someone annoys you, you threaten to write them into your next story and kill them. (done this)

....when you write essays for FUN.

....you spend an entire class hour writing a short story that is not for class when you could be listening to music or playing games on the internet. Or doing your actual homework.

NDZone
02-28-2009, 08:07 PM

Add and nearly lost your spouse to this as well!

Also
...when you have a symbiotic relationship with your email program's Send/Recv key.

...you nearly soil your drawers because you can't go to the bathroom until you find your cell phone.

...you now know four dozen people who've been planning to write a book for years.

...you constantly hear, "What the hell can you be doing on that computer at 3am? Are you looking at porn?"

..."You're the writer. You write the Christmas cards/invitations/wedding announcement/meeting minutes/email to the 5th grade parents/eulogy for Aunt Emma's funeral (swear to God, that last one's true).

Horserider
02-28-2009, 08:44 PM
...you constantly hear, "What the hell can you be doing on that computer at 3am? Are you looking at porn?"

LOL

....your afraid your mom thinks your watching porn when you lock yourself in your even though you're really writing.

dancingandflying
03-01-2009, 05:00 AM
When you spend an entire morning thinking up a line, and then take it out later that afternoon.

When you would rather hang out with your protagonist than your friends. :D

d&f.

Horserider
03-01-2009, 05:05 AM
When you would rather hang out with your protagonist than your friends.

...when you don't even have friends.

....your mom has a better social life than you do.

....you refer to your novels as your children.

brainstorm77
03-31-2009, 05:42 AM
When you dream about the characters in your WIP's.

mekolo_diesne
06-28-2009, 07:42 PM
If someone makes you angry, you create a character exactly like them, and torture them to no end. :)

Bubastes
06-28-2009, 07:45 PM
When you notice the different textures and thicknesses of different brands of index cards and you actually have a preference for a particular brand.

LilliCray
06-28-2009, 08:39 PM
....when someone annoys you, you threaten to write them into your next story and kill them. (done this)

...you tell someone you'll have your MC kill them while neglecting to mention that A) your MC doesn't exist in this reality and B) you meant you'd write them into a story and then have MC kill them. (I got into LOADS of trouble because I accidentally did this at school once...)

...you replace the "tell" in a song with "show".

...you think a freshly sharpened pencil is the most beautiful thing on earth.

...your first grade teacher says, "One doesn't say 'she said' at the end of one's spoken sentences," and you reply with, "Oh, crap! One doesn't? she inquired sadly. I mean, she said."

dgiharris
06-29-2009, 12:05 AM
When your friends begin to think you are a thief because everytime you hear a great line or phrase you say, "Mind if I steal that?"

ccv707
06-29-2009, 12:42 AM
...when you no longer give a damn about the world or anyone around you because you're trying to write.

mekolo_diesne
06-30-2009, 02:57 AM
Your best friends and current crush are fictional;

If you don't like what happened in book you are reading, you immediatly put the book down, and rewrite that part to your liking, and rewrite the whole book from there to accomidate the change. When you finish the book, you relize that it was a crappy book that should have been written by you, since you've rewritten almost the whole book anyway.

mekolo_diesne
07-09-2009, 04:47 AM
Also, when you watch 24 all of the time just to see what twists and turns it takes, and it doesn't click in your head until a week later what a witch Nina um... a certain character is. :)

Robin Bayne
07-09-2009, 08:30 PM

You know you're a writer when you can easily substitute a variety of words to AVOID using lay/lie/laid.:D

brainstorm77
07-10-2009, 12:10 PM
You know you're a writer when in public you see things through the eyes of one of your characters.

Nivarion
07-11-2009, 08:37 AM
when you have a heated argument with your characters. Which ends, "Well you don't exist so bleh."

eta: When the thought, I think, therefore I am. So if my characters think, does that mean they are too?

Ardellis
07-11-2009, 01:48 PM
...when you start taking imaginary advice from imaginary people.

K. Taylor
07-11-2009, 02:16 PM
When practically every show or movie you watch sparks a writing idea, or reminds you of what your character would do in that scene.

When leaving the house without a notepad causes anxiety attacks or fidgeting fits.

When you stalk your email to see if that critique is back, yet.

you've lost most of your friends because they're tired of you correcting their spoken grammar. Haven't lost my best friend from that, thank goodness, but I am notorious to her husband about it. (I've been doing it without thinking since freshman year of high school. I blame my mother.)

Ugawa
07-11-2009, 07:40 PM
When you turn down a drink's night with your friends at the age of 17 so you can catch up with your writing...

xx

imagoodgurl4
07-19-2009, 07:23 PM
When you'd rather live your character's life than yours...especially if the attractive male M.C. is good in bed.

Swordswoman
07-20-2009, 03:33 AM
When you never leave home without a memory-stick containing your WIP, in case the house burns down while you're out.

AuburnAssassin
07-20-2009, 06:47 AM
...you're no longer embarrassed to be accumulating a huge pile of racy bodice-ripper paperback books because you can say they are all "research" materials.

...you buy magazines for much younger women (like Cosmo and Glamour instead of More) so you can be current on what makes younger women tick these days.

...you don't mind getting to the theatre early and having to watch tons of commercials on an endless loop because you're working on scenes in your head.

...you start associating certain tunes on your CD's with certain characters and scenes and when they play while you're driving, you're working and reworking the dialogue and prose for those bits.

...people you wish had never found out from your blabbermouth husband that you are writing a novel, start sending you articles about e-publishing or pay-for-editing services or offering advice from a brother who has been working on his great American novel for the past ten years.

...your husband is no longer suspicious that you are having an affair when you whip out a new...ahem...trick in the boudoir. He just assumes you have been doing literary "research" (see first point above) because when would you have time for an affair anyway since you're on the blasted computer every free second of every day.

Wayne K
07-20-2009, 09:10 PM
You know you're a writer when you stand there for an hour talking about your WIP to someone who looks like they could care less.

That's my final answer.

Horserider
07-20-2009, 09:13 PM
When someone says Aaaaaaauuuuuuuummmmmm and your first thought is "Aaum? That would make a good fantasy name." (I swear to Andra this just happened a few minutes ago.)

brainstorm77
09-09-2009, 06:07 PM
When you stress way too much!

Adam
09-09-2009, 06:22 PM
When the TV shows you used to enjoy become "poorly written and clichéd with obvious plot twists". ;)

brainstorm77
09-09-2009, 06:54 PM
When the TV shows you used to enjoy become "poorly written and clichéd with obvious plot twists". ;)
:roll: