Address change

bluejester12

I write and I wrong
Registered
Reaction score
I made two submissions to two different magazines, naturally with a SASE. I'm moving this week. Mail should be forwarded to me, but as I've been getting previous tenants mail trhoughout my life, is it OK to email the publisher and inform them of my new address? Should I suggest that they contact me by email or phone if interested?

I'm sure they're in slush piles and I'm guessing they'd not want to go digging it out for an address update.

Begbie

Quite a character
Registered
Reaction score
If they are accepted, they will likely contact you by phone or email anyhow, correct? (I don't know, I haven't submitted to magazines). If they are rejected, the Post Office does a fairly good job of forwarding mail in my experience. (Assuming, of course, "locked in your imagination" is a U.S. Postal address). It may take a week longer, but you should receive them. Wish I could be more helpful. In any event, good luck.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
mail

bluejester12 said:
I made two submissions to two different magazines, naturally with a SASE. I'm moving this week. Mail should be forwarded to me, but as I've been getting previous tenants mail trhoughout my life, is it OK to email the publisher and inform them of my new address? Should I suggest that they contact me by email or phone if interested?

I'm sure they're in slush piles and I'm guessing they'd not want to go digging it out for an address update.

The reason you receive mail for previous tenants is because mail forwarding only lasts one year. After this, the post office assume you will have your affairs in order, and that all concerned parties will have your new address.