PDA

View Full Version : Bunnies :D

MidnightMuse
08-29-2006, 04:10 AM
This'll learn me to always carry my camera around !

I was out at my Mother's house, since her and the hubby are away RVing for a week, I stop by after work every day to feed the Koi. So I walk through the house, grab the big bag of Koi Kibbles, open the back door and step out onto the porch - knowing there's nothing out there since they have the dog with them, and the yard is fenced - but something moved and I looked up to find baby wild bunnies !

They were playing, hopping, and flitting around the yard! SOoooo cute !!

Tomorrow, I'll have my camera with me :D

DeborahM
08-29-2006, 07:11 PM
Can't wait to see the pics.

I have some wild bunnies in my subdivision that go from yard to yard squeezing under the wooden fence. They are precious and each year there's a new batch.

alleycat
08-29-2006, 07:20 PM
I have a recipe . . .

Haggis
08-29-2006, 07:25 PM
I have a recipe . . .
Yum. Hasenpfeffer.

Cath
08-29-2006, 09:05 PM
We used to live in this wonderful old house on a farm estate. It had a tumbledown castle from the 12th Century in the back garden and a bank of bunnies that would do Richard Adams proud.

Unfortunately, we also had two, very adept at hunting, puddy cats.

I'd like to say that most of the bunnies they caught survived, but the truth is that we only found one or two who were still hopping by the time they came indoors.

The cuteness of seeing a bunny wears off really quickly when you've had to clean it out of the carpet more than once...

Them cats love the taste of rabbit to this day - they go completely nuts for it.

MidnightMuse
08-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Okay, someone explain this to me.

I take the camera out to feed the Koi, knowing those wild bunnies are gonna be around, I walk out the back door, carefully, camera in hand and . . . Nothing! Not one single solitary bun bun.

Dejected, I head over to the pond, toss in some Koi Kibble and think "At least I can snap a few of these big beauties" since the pond is traditional (read; murky) you can only photograph the fish when they come up to eat.

So I sit there, camera focused on the globs of floating Koi Kibble, and every time I see something big and colorful coming along, I get ready, I partially depress the button to focus, a Koi pops up, mouth agap, I snap and I get . . . blurry fish lips.

Then this firefly - a really gorgeous blue and green one - hovers nearby, staring at me. I focus the lens, I'm ready to click, and zippo! It flies to the other side of the pond. So I refocus, I'm ready to click, and poof! It flies to another spot.

I danced around like this with that @#$* firefly for a good 15 minutes before I gave up.

Meanwhile, of course, the Koi are popping up all around, one even jumped, and two did that strange fish-tail/plant rubbing thing with nice big orange fins sticking up, but dang if I wasn't too busy trying to get that firefly.

sigh

I know if I go back tonight, WITHOUT the camera, I'll probably find ten wild bunnies playing poker, with a big blue and green firefly dealing.

DeborahM
08-30-2006, 07:21 PM
Don't ya just hate it when that happens.

All pumped up, proud that you remembered the camera, sly that you're going to pop that picture.

Then the bunnies bust your bubble by not showing up, and the rest of your time and pics are shot to hell! Well, except for feeding the fish...

SORRY! :Shrug:

Soccer Mom
09-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Such is life with bunnies.

TheIT
09-02-2006, 12:10 AM
It's the same reason my cats stop doing whatever cute thing they were doing the moment I reach for the camera. They know you want to take a picture. Actually, I think my cats want to investigate the strange thing I'm holding in front of my face, so they come closer to take a look.

My sister had a family of bunnies living in the rhubarb plant at the back of the yard.

Good luck on the bunny search tonight. Perhaps if you hide the camera they might not catch wise.