Let's Get Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lori Basiewicz

We've got a bunch of new faces on the Water Cooler, so why don't we all meet up for a good, old fashioned real time chat in the chat room to reacquaint ourselves with our old friends and get to know some of the new(er) people? No agenda, just kick back and relax a bit before returning to the regularly scheduled holiday season.

How about this Sunday night (December 12th) at 6 PST/7 MST/8 CST/9 EST?

Hope to see a bunch of people there.

ritinrider

Great idea Lori. Now if my mind and computer will cooperate. My mind needs to remind me on Sunday. My computer needs to let me online at the right time.

Nita

Jyndral

Now then....

Would that actually be your computer or the 'net provider? :)

ritinrider

Okay smart-aleck, it's my 'net provider. And you darn well knew it. The rest of you can just ignore Jyndral, she just wanted to push my buttons.

Remember, Jyn,I work for the post office, And, I've been taking care of little ones for a while (seems like forever). Be very careful if you don't want me goin' "postal" on you!

And, and, I have a vehicle. Next time you want a ride to or from a meeting I may just let you walk. So there!. >D

Nita

Jyndral

:lol

Believe it or not, when I typed that, I really wasn't being totally smart-alecky. I was honestly wondering if it was the provider or your puter and if it was your puter I was gonna offer to help you figure out what the problem was.

Though...

That *did* sound rather smart-alecky, didn't it?

I would say "sorry," but let's just pretend I meant it that way. *whistles innocently*

Oh, and like walking to the library for a meeting would be something new?? ;) Speaking of which, you going to the one next Saturday?

ChunkyC

Lori -- an AW office / xmas party? Fabbo idea! I'll try to be there, but I'll be at home on my wonky dial-up connection, so please don't hurt me if I don't make it.

Lori Basiewicz

Oh, CC, I'd never hurt you. Tickle you mercilessly maybe. Right now, I'm more fascinated by Nita's and Jyndral's offline camaraderie.

Jyndral

lol.

Good thing I didn't have any water. I would've spewed on the monitor.

Nita & I live in the same town -- basically, sorta, she lives outside of town and I live in town -- and go to the same writers' group.

She seems to think that gives her license to harass me. ;)

Though I do owe her one for telling me about the Water Cooler.

ritinrider

Yeah, I live 20 miles from the town limits, she lives blocks from the downtown area. We go to the same writer's group - when I go. But she does owe me Big time for telling her about AW.

Like CC, I'm on dial-up, to a remote computer at that, so hopefully will talk to ya'll tonight.

Nita

ChunkyC

Well sure enough, I didn't make the party. How'd it go? Did any heinies get photocopied? :p

aka eraser

It was nice Chunk. For the 40 minutes or so I was there, the room-count hovered around 7-10 folks. If Nita buys my book, I'm gonna let her make me a quilt, which, when you think of it, is a pretty darn good deal. For me. (And one she's just hearing about now....)

Lori Basiewicz

HINT HINT

Nita, just so you know, whenever I'm helping out with WPR, I AM open to bribery. (i.e. A handmade quilt to let you slide of a week or two.)

arrowqueen

Re: HINT HINT

I did come along and hang around looking vacant, but obviously I got the time difference wrong.

:(

aq

MacAl Stone

don't feel badly, AQ--I had to leave quite early, too. I missed pretty much the whole party. :(

tfdswift

I wanted to be there but the Survivor finale was on. Can't we try again???? I have never been in the chat room with you guys.

~~Tammy

Yeshanu

I'd like to try again -- I had a concert and some essays, so I haven't been around much. How about next Sunday evening?

tfdswift

About 9:00 p.m. eastern-8:00 standard-7:00 mountain-6:00 pacific??

Is that right?8o

What do you all say???

~~Tammy:hat

rtilryarms

Look, I have a life.
I have multiple projects going on both at work and at home.
I cannot evenm complete my primary book and now it has branched out to 5 works in my "spare" time.
Got a Daughter playing basketball and has Christmas needs (transportation).
My son wrecked his car and now has to be taken 28 miles each way to school. and 2-a-days wrestling practice requires the same transportation twice a day starting next week.
My wife works late and I cook dinner for the family and do the clean up.
I have classes twice a week and plan on more next year.
I belong to 3 trade groups and am active in the national Building Owners organizations.
I play guitar and sing when I can and write songs.
Meanwhile i have Wrestlers coming down from New York and we are hosting thier stay.
More Cooking, more food, more transportation, more everything.

And you want to have a chat on sunday???????

See you then!

rt

Lori Basiewicz

:rollin

Mike's wife is going to ban him from the computer.

maestrowork

Sorry, I'll be with Santa going through THE list. There's Lori's name... tsk, tsk, tsk...

Status
Not open for further replies.