How Do I Go About Finding A Critique Partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarra74

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tarrayoung.com
Does anyone here know how I can go about finding a critique partner? I have been told more than once that it can help improve my writing. I just started a new book today and I would like to find someone who doesn't mind going chapter by chapter and who is patient with me because I have never critiqued anyone's manuscript before, but I am sure I can learn. I am usually a quick learner. I think it would also be nice to find someone who wouldn't mind doing this on a regular basis and maybe for years to come. I have started writing a book this morning that I am hoping to get published with Harlequin. It was on my mind as soon as I opened my eyes this morning, and all though I usually like to do more planning before I start a book, it was eating at me and I had to get my laptop out and start typing it. Does this happen to anyone else?

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Hi tarra. Have you been to the Mentors forum located here? Someone there may be willing to help, and you might find a critique partner you can share your work with as well.

Best of luck in your search.

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
I found my absolutely great and perfect-for-me CP through the Passionate Ink chapter of RWA--so this group or a different group is a great place to look.

The important thing to remember about finding a CP is make sure you like their work. Make sure they like yours. It's not going to do you any good if their work is not on the same level as yours--you'll end up not trusting any crits they make--and if you're writing totally different things you might not be able to help each other much either.

I adore mine. We absolutely clicked immediately, even though we still haven't met and have only talked on the phone once--we still wrote a great book together and we email at least a couple of times a week even if it isn't crit-related stuff. I trust her completely, and I hope she trusts me. We have a great relationship.

So good luck! You'll find the right one for you.

Kharisma

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Tarra!
I am new to writing my first ms. I am only about 6800 words in and am in need of a good CP. Same types of hope as you were I would like someone who I can estiblish a long term working and personal relationship with. I think that my style of writing would be suited for Harlequin lines also or similar. If you are interested please email me at [email protected] and we can start chatting.
Hope to hear from you soon!
sherry

Status
Not open for further replies.