• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for someones help YA fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogwaffle

Registered
Reaction score
I've just finished a rough draft of a YA fantasy novel. Its roughly 26,000 words right now, and i am looking for someone who would be willing to read it and let me know where they think they story could use some filling out. Maybe something that isn't explained enough, or where some more description of a place is needed. Basically I am just looking for someone to read and let me know where it needs more. I'll include a little description of the story here....

Sookie is a 12 year old girl born to a a magical family, however since she was born on a wensday its assumed she will never develope any skill of her own. In this world in order to be sponsored for training in magic you must take a test, and her father refuses to let her take that test.

However when theres a change in policy she is allowed to get a sponsor without having taken the test, though since she starts looking late she ends up with an old witch in the woods who all the children are afraid of.

This turns out to be the best thing to ever happen to Sookie when with the help of this woman she discovers she is the first fairy witch since the fairies disappeared. Together with her token, a magical rabbit who's lost his lucky foot, she must awaken the fairies if thier world has any hope of defeating the shadow man.

So thats a brief description of it. If you'd be interested in helping me please PM me. I can take criticism as long as it seems to come from a helpful place. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.