Technical questions

smm88fan

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good like to get technical information on crime scene investigations? Here's what I am looking for, I want to make sure that my characters findings in an autopsy are accurate. My victim was murdered and chloroform was used to subdue her. Would chloroform show up in her bloodstream at autopsy? I tried find info on Google but too much to sift thru. I don't want to write something that's not possible.

thanks
sue

Robert Toy

smm88fan said:
Does anyone have a good like to get technical information on crime scene investigations? Here's what I am looking for, I want to make sure that my characters findings in an autopsy are accurate. My victim was murdered and chloroform was used to subdue her. Would chloroform show up in her bloodstream at autopsy? I tried find info on Google but too much to sift thru. I don't want to write something that's not possible.

thanks
sue
Send me an e-mail and I will send you back some info that may help (PDF format).

DeborahM

I need espresso & chocolate!
Registered
Reaction score
I did some searching myself and found a site regarding high levels of chloroform in water...which the me's would find in the bloodstream anyway with cloronated water. It would surprise them not to find it.

But I don't think that was where you were coming from.

What have you got on this Robert?​

Robert Toy

DeborahM said:
I did some searching myself and found a site regarding high levels of chloroform in water...which the me's would find in the bloodstream anyway with cloronated water. It would surprise them not to find it.

But I don't think that was where you were coming from.

What have you got on this Robert?
I sent a copy of the official DOJ – A Guide for Law Enforcement to ssm88fan by e-mail. (Everything you ever wanted to know about CSI.) If you want a copy (58 pages - PDF) send me an e-mail.

smm88fan

Registered
Reaction score
Yes I got the email thanks Robert. I haven't had a chance to read thru it yet. What I was looking for is can chloroform that was inhaled be detected by the ME in a blood test or how would they know that it was used?