Flash Fiction Friday

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the short fiction thread. I dunno, I'm easily confuzzled... ;)

I've started a new blog carnival of sorts called Flash Fiction Friday. Every Friday, I'll put up a new prompt for the week. Participants have to write a piece of flash fiction on that prompt and post it to their site/blog, then... Well, all the rules are there, but the basic idea is to get us (to those of us who are interested) to write flash fiction, have a whole bunch of fun, and get more exposure for our blogs/sites at the same time.

If you're interested, check it out. :D

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
Thanks, Dawno and Judi! Now if I could only get people participating...

My flash fiction is up, and considering I've never before now done flash fiction ever before in my entire life, I think I did pretty good. :) And it's now an idea for a longer piece of fiction. Not sure exactly what it'll turn into, but that's okay. It's also kind of the point, right? :)

Bk_30

muse..muse...come here muse!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
justasmalltowngirl2.blogspot.com
Quid: I wanted to comment on your piece, but when ever I click on "comments" it opens another window over your site, that refers back to you site. The window that opens shows no way to close it. The screen just shows the flash fiction logo, your name and entry, and who is hosting the contest. I don't know if this is an issue with your page or an issue with my computer.

I did like the post though :), especially the end lol

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
Cath - glad to have you join me. Have fun. :)

Bk, I can't duplicate what happened to you - it loads fine for me. Would you mind doing it again, and giving me every step in the process, including the URLs to the page you start with and the pages it goes to? Please either PM me or email me off-list - I don't see a need to clog up the list with this. :) Thanks for letting me know. :)

DTKelly

The Rememberer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dtkelly.net
Quid...

I wrote a piece for your FF, unfortunately it sits at almost three times your word count, and I really don't see how to cut it down.

you call, do you want to include it or not?

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
Include it anyway.

Personally, I think the exercise is a valuable one, regardless of outcome, and blah blah blah blah blah my brian isn't functional all that much yet, I didn't sleep well and my head hurts. So, that's the summary of this incoherent mass.

Maybe I'll have functional sentences if I take a nap? :)

DTKelly

The Rememberer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dtkelly.net
quidscribis said:
... blah blah blah blah blah my brian ...

Well, I hope your brian feels better soon. ;)

edit:

It seems to be back up.

I hope you don't mind, I hosted the image and posted it for reference. If you do, just say the word and I'll take it done.

Edit:
ARGH. It went back down again.

Will definitely post it when I get up.

Last edited:

DTKelly

The Rememberer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dtkelly.net
Quid,

There seems to be a problem with the html code. If you click on a story, the page loads in the box and appears in a really thin table. Any idea as to why this is?

DTKelly

The Rememberer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dtkelly.net
Judi,

I've been having issues with my site. It's acting wonky.. Sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't. I'm working with my provider about it.

All I can say is keep trying, it just worked for me. (sometimes, if you just click reload it works fine.)

Quid, your link still opens up in a smalish frame. Is there anyway yo set it to open in a full browser instead of in the window?

Also, you missed the "t" in "net" in dtkelly.net. Just sayin'. ;)

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
Towerkel, put your cursor on the frame, then right click, then click on "reload this frame". That'll refresh the html code so it'll load in a new window. Then try clicking on the links again. :)

As for the t in net... Well, I dunno... Are we sure we want people to find you?????? ;)

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can I just borrow some free time ? Anyone? No?

Well, I'll just have to read and enjoy it all then :D

Simran

Towerkel said:
Judi,

I've been having issues with my site. It's acting wonky.. Sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't. I'm working with my provider about it.

All I can say is keep trying, it just worked for me. (sometimes, if you just click reload it works fine.)

got it finally, thanks. I left a comment too.