• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Can I solicit beta readers here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serena Casey

User Titles Rock
Registered
Reaction score
Website
serenacasey.com
Probably a silly question, but one never knows. I just want to check before I post whether that's allowed and, if so, where I should post it. Perhaps the Mentors and Writing Partners board?

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Serena, I'd happily accept a thread requesting beta readers over on the Mentoring forum. In fact, I've thinking of implementing a kind of critique group over there with the idea focusing on pairing up some beta readers.

So, feel free to start a request thread, but you may want to check back in a few days if I get my ideas running. That goes for everyone else, too!

jpserra

Recovering Gumshoe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.johnserra.com
What kind...

What genre do you write in? I read most anything, but focus on Adventure, Thriller and Mystery. I also love SciFi.

John Serra

Allie

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for a beta reader too and would gladly return the favor. I'll read just about anything, but I need help with an action adventure novel.

Serena Casey

User Titles Rock
Registered
Reaction score
Website
serenacasey.com
I've only written one book, a love story, and I do have enough beta readers now. I really appreciate your posts, though, John and Allie. If you haven't already, Allie, you might want to start your own thread so it gets noticed. Best wishes to both!

Misty_Blue

Registered
Reaction score
I know this sounds daft, but can someone explain what the role of a beta reader is?

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Misty_Blue said:
I know this sounds daft, but can someone explain what the role of a beta reader is?

A beta reader is like a beta tester of software. After it's written, someone has to try it out and report back on what's not working. The beta reader reads the finished draft and comments to the writer on things that could be improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.