Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
[Ahem] That's daughter ... oy ...

Greets all:

My daughter, Annabelle, is having her first birthday Saturday, Aug. 26. And I'd like you all to be a part of it.

We're creating a time capsule. And we'd like to make your messages -- in the form of replies to this thread -- part of that.

All I'd ask is that they be positive and free from vulgarity. Otherwise, be creative and complete!

Thank you!

v/r, Jason

Last edited:

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Annabelle,

By the time you read this, some of us will be really famous Authors and Writers.
Some of us will have loyal fans reading our columns or stories.
Some will actually write some of your birthday cards.
Some will have entered the world of corporate writing.
They will be rich and happy.

But me? I will feel successful enough when you open up this card someday and read it for the first time all by yourself. That’s all I need to say, “I made it!”

Don't forget to read the last line out loud, here it comes:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Throw cake at everybody, at one year old you are allowed to. (they just don't tell you.)

Love,

Mike (rtilryarms)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, Annabelle.

Wishing you the best on your first birthday, and all the birthdays to follow.

There's a special young girl in my life. For her, I have put away a recording of a song that says what I'd like to say to her when she grows up. The song is I Hope You Dance. For your first birthday I would like to also share the song with you . . .

Charles
Nashville, Tennessee

I Hope You Dance

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat
But always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
I hope you still feel small
When you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance
I hope you dance

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Living might mean taking chances
But they're worth taking
Lovin' might be a mistake
But it's worth making
Don't let some hell bent heart
Leave you bitter
When you come close to selling out
Reconsider
Give the heavens above
More than just a passing glance

I hope you dance
(Time is a real and constant motion always)
I hope you dance
(Rolling us along)
I hope you dance
(Tell me who)
I hope you dance
(Wants to look back on their youth and wonder)
(Where those years have gone)

I hope you still feel small
When you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance

Dance
I hope you dance
I hope you dance

Last edited:

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Annabelle,

Happy Birthday ! My, what a beautiful lady you've turned out to be :) Yes, we all wrote these notes when you turned 1, but as you're reading this now (from the time capsule) I can assure you that Rrtilryarms has become famous - though not as well known as myself -- and I've had Alleycat committed.

For your safety, dear. You'll thank me later.

Right now just eat cake, and use your hands, like you did when you turned 1 year old!

Happy Birthday to you !

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Annabelle! I'm sure if my daughter ( Arisson) who just turned 14 today were here she's tell you exactly what to expect. In the meantime...if mom says 'don't put beans in your ears..' she means it!

DeborahM

I need espresso & chocolate!
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Annabelle,

Happy Birthday to you!

Today is your first birthday and we all wish you a happy childhood and a long life.

By the time you read these, your mother, along with several of us here will be famous authors.

My mother always told me I had 26 friends, who would take me anywhere I wanted to go. These 26 friends are the letters in the alphabet, and I'm sure your mother will teach you how important reading is in your life.

Your mother may also teach you journaling is fun, too. If you journal the events in your life, you will be surprised when you go back and read it, how much you have grown and appreciate the people who's paths you have been blessed to cross and have them memorialized in your journal.

Happy Birthday!

DeborahM

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Annabelle,

Wherever you are now, it's August 26th, and you're celebrating another milestone in your life. I hope it's been everything you and your family have wanted it to be since the very first minute they knew you were on your way to being Annabelle.

Here, where I am, it's 2006 and I'm 52 years old. When you read this, heavens! I'll be in my late sixties, at the very least. Gasoline (that stuff we used to put in our vehicles to make them go) is hovering around $3.00 a gallon. You probably don't use gasoline to make your vehicle 'go'... but whatever you use, I hope there's plenty of it. Bread - depending on the kind and size and popularity of the loaf - can run anywhere from .33 to 3.00 a pop. Coca-Cola in cans, fresh out of a vending machine, is about a buck. There is no such thing anymore as a nickle icecream cone - there hasn't been since I was a kid.

Music is all over the map, Annabelle. HipHop, Country, Jazz, Classical, New Age, Folk, Rap... well, maybe not Rap. We listen to it on our iPods now, in .mp3 format. When I was a teen, we listened to LPs - big plastic 12" disks with grooves, that spun on a turntable and were played with - of all things - a needle! Before my time, those big disks were cylanders and looked even weirder.

Current events are pretty dicey. We don't know from one day to the next what will happen in the world, but we do our best to enjoy the sunrises and the sunsets, smell the flowers, pet the puppies and scritch the kittens... I bet that won't be much different when you get to be a 'big girl'. At least I hope not... there's nothing like puppy breath and there's something just downright hysterical about watching a kitten, or three, get all wound up before they cut loose.

I could ramble on for days - old people will be like that, even in your time - but I'll let it go for now. Here's to all your birthdays, past and present and future. May you have love. May you have peace. May you find in and give joy to others. May you have no regrets.

And... Happy Birthday, Annabelle.

Jen

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
A girl I know named annabelle
had a birthday near a wishing well
she threw in a nickel
and then ate a pickle
and now she's happier than anyone can tell!

Mom'sWrite

Service with a smile
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.returnengagement.blogspot.com
Happy Birthday Annabelle! Welcome to your second full year of life on Planet Earth. This is the year that the fun really begins. You'll get to walk (real fast, and be sure to change direction a lot. Adults love it when you do that!) You'll get to talk. (Start with "No", move on to the biggies, like "Mine", "Mommy" and "Poopy".) You'll get to re-decorate your home. (May I suggest Early PB and J?)

Actually, you'll find out even more, that no matter what you scream, vomit or poop that your family will love you to pieces (and then give you a bath.)

Great success to you, my girl and many, many happy days.

Carol

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
1.gif

Godfather

back door man
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Good mornin', afternoon, evenin' or whatever time it happens to be when you're reading this.

All these people keep talking about your mother, but I think they mean your father. How silly they are.

So I guess I'm all grown up now. Doin' somethin' with my life, with this crazy head of mine. Now, I'm 16 and you're nearly 1.

It's a good date to turn 1 too, you know. I got the new Bob Dylan record today. And it's good, it's called Modern Times. Which will be somewhat ironic when you're reading this.

Can I ask you a favour?
If your generation forgets about the blues,
do me a favour and remind them.
Sing Howlin' Wolf.

Maybe now your pop will have some dollars in his pocket from those words that he writes. He's a mighty fine poet. Maybe you're a poet too, or will be someday.

So, to the daughter of that poet, I say Happy Birthday Annabelle (my my, what a lovely name) and have a good 'un.

And in the words of the mighty Bob; May you stay forever young

Godfather signing off.
(If I become a success, I'll tell your pop to change the "Godfather" part)

Last edited:

jst5150

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
GREAT! Thank you all! Please Keep them coming (and yes, this is being bumped on purpose).

v/r, Jason

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Annabelle,

Happy Birthday!

Your very own time capsule - What a lucky girl you are! Your dad and mom must love you very much to think so far ahead in planning for your birthday.

If you are 10 today, it must be (uses fingers...) 2016.
If you are 20 today, it must be (gets calculator) 2026.

The changes in the world were small between my years 1 and 10; between 10 and 20 they were huge! I wonder what your decades will be like.

Are all computers wireless now? Are all the phones cell phones? There were no such things as cell phones when I was one year old. There was even such a thing as a party line - many people had to share the same connection. By the time I was 10 they were rare; when I was 20 - I don't think they existed anymore. See how things change?

But one thing, dear Annabelle, that never changes ... is love. Love is eternal. Even when you can't see it or feel it, it's there. And the more you give away, the more you have. It's the only thing I know that works that way.

Best wishes and much love on your birthday.
Unique
>''<

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
Once upon a time, Annabelle, when you were very young
There was a place, a virtual place, to which we all belong.
Your papa asked for messages to give to you one day,
And we all got together, here's what we had to say.

We wish you health and happiness, and lots and lots of love
We wish you joy and peace and all those things that life can give
We know you will be someone to make your parents proud
We hope you will be part of something like this crazy crowd.

So Happy Birthday Annabelle, and many many more,
I'll raise a glass, hope you enjoy all that life has in store.

Ok, it's not very good - but the intent is there! Enjoy your birthday Annabelle, and have a great life!

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Dearest Annabelle,

Here I am, a writer, and the first thing that comes to mind is this:
14.gif
(I love to celebrate, and I love cake!)

May you always eat dessert first, celebrate all the wonderful moments of your life, no matter how small, and may you achieve all your dreams.

Happy birthday!

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Annabelle :partyguy:
You may not know this, but your dad is a darn good poet, one of my favorite around here. You should bug him to let you read his stuff. Make him dig out the real old stuff, from when you were a baby, it will tell you alot about his gifts.
I hope you get some nice gifts on your birthday too.
-P.H.Delarran

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Annabelle,

Hope your birthday is as terrific today as it was the day we wrote these notes to you! I hope that between now and then you haven't forgotten to make a wish when you blow out candles, and that the frosting is the best part!

Pat

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Friday, August 25, 2006[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Top News Headlines This Week:[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Pluto was declared not to be a planet after all! [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]US President[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]George W. Bush[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]US Vice President[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Dick Cheney [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]
2006 Prices
Gallon of milk $3.15[/SIZE][/FONT]

Gallon of gas $3.00

Apples $1.49/lb.

Bananas $.99/lb.

Cherries $3.99/lb.

Cereal
$3.00/box

12-pack of Coke $3.99
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]People born on August 25[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]1930 - Sean Connery actor (James Bond, Man Who Would Be King)[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]1845 - Ludwig II mad king of Bavaria (1864-86)[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]1851 - [Willem] Alexander KHF, prince of Orange/Netherlands[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]1918 - Leonard Bernstein conductor/composer/pianist/egotist[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]1923 - Monty Hall Winnipeg Canada, TV game show host (Let's Make a Deal)[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]1933 - Regis Philbin, TV talk show host (Joey Bishop, Regis & Kathie Lee)[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Hot New Toys in 2006[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Playstation 2 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Lego Championship Challenge [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Harry Potter Trivia game [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Celebration Barbie (Special 2000 edition) [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Top Books in 2006[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]The Giver by Lois Lowry [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Operating Instructions by Anne Lamott [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Holes by Louis Sachar [/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited:

jst5150

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
Bump. Just four more and I'll stop bumping. Please, we love your messages, so, keep them coming!