PDA

View Full Version : The Recognition Thread

maddythemad
08-25-2006, 08:10 AM
OK, the idea of this thread is pretty simple. If someone has been doing something generally nice/helpful around the site, and you feel they deserve recognition, you can list them here.

An example would be: Clara Bow goes around to all the query critiquing threads, and gives people tons of good advice on how to fix up their queries. She uses her own time to do this, and it helps others out A LOT. So thanks, Clara! :)

Anyway, I'm not sure if this thread belongs here, but I wasn't sure where else to put it. Hopefully the mods will feel free to move it if I'm in the wrong place.

Anyone else know someone who deserves recognition?

persiphone_hellecat
08-25-2006, 08:13 AM
I think it should be in the Office Party - so we could celebrate them!

maddythemad
08-25-2006, 08:21 AM
Ok, thanks. How do I move it?

persiphone_hellecat
08-25-2006, 08:27 AM
Looks around ... I donno - do I look like Bill Gates? I'm lucky I can find my way here.

Cyn
08-25-2006, 08:41 AM
A moderator must move it. If you look beside each section they have the moderator's names listed. The mod for this section is Yeshanu. Perhaps you can PM her about this thread and ask her to move it. :)

persiphone_hellecat
08-25-2006, 08:44 AM
I learn something every day around here.

Cyn
08-25-2006, 08:49 AM
Yeah well I own/moderate a few boards so I try to help where I can if I know something. ^.^

persiphone_hellecat
08-26-2006, 12:58 AM
Welcome to the MonkeyHouse then Cyn!! We sure need someone around here who knows which way is up.

Soccer Mom
08-26-2006, 01:18 AM
I think this is a lovely idea. By all means, PM Yeshanu or any Super Moderator. I want to recognize Persiphone because she works hard to keep the Writing Games Forum humming along.

Silver King
08-26-2006, 01:34 AM
You can also give someone a nod here (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38418) in a similar thread started by one of our more insightful members. It's called the AW Member Appreciation Thread.

While I'm here, I may as well thank Ol' Fashioned Girl for helping out with the auction thread. She has donated money and books to help raise funds for AW. She's not only generous, but she’s kind and thoughtful as well. Thanks for your help, Jen.

persiphone_hellecat
08-26-2006, 02:08 AM
AWw thank you Soccermom ... just me - keeping myself from going nuts while finishing up a final draft of a book written with a writing partner who keeps making changes that even an editor wouldnt make. I love it!!

Shih tzus for everyone!!

http://www.thedog-clubs.com/pupography/st2.jpg