I'm Totally Famous

Status
Not open for further replies.

absolutewrite

BabelFish's rough translation (I love the pronouns!):

A new book on Celine
Dany Bouchard - Newspaper of Montreal

An American publisher prepares a book recalling the advance of Celine Dion through various objects which marked its career. The book, whose exit is not envisaged before one year, will fall under a series of the same kind at the sides of works already devoted to Elvis, John Lennon and Frank Sinatra.

The publisher Becker and Mayer approached Rene Angélil by offering to him the first three volumes built starting from significant objects - for example a ticket of spectacles or the letter of a manager for the career of Elvis, John Lennon and Frank Sinatra.

"And I am a fan of the three," entrusts the imprésario, joint yesterday by the Newspaper. "They are books very different from what one sees on the market [... ] the project with Céline in is still at his beginnings and are we for the moment to look at all the material that we have", it confirms.

The fans

Joined in New York, the auteure of the book, Jenna Glatzer, was shown particularly enthusiastic with the idea to sign the project.

"Celine Dion is marvellous. She treats everyone with equal shares; I went to meet it to ask him questions and it was interested in me of asking me questions in its turn ", is astonished it. Celine Dion: Follow your Dreams must appear by the end of the year, or at the latest beginning of 2006.

Écrivaine of many works, whose several devoted to the writing, Jenna Glatzer was elected project in October by the publisher Becker and Mayer. For already two months, the 29 year old auteure has questioned the fans of the singer via various Web sites which are devoted to him.

"I find many information near his fans, explains it. I take note of their questions to try there to find answers at Céline and Rene and to be able to integrate them into the book."

Much work

Jenna Glatzer met Céline and Rene in Las Vegas first once in November. "I met them in Colosseum of Caesars Palace, in Las Vegas. I did not have much time with it, but I could speak to Rene, and to people who work with them."

Jenna Glatzer must again meet the couple this month in Las Vegas. "It will meet also our teams of Montreal, of Toronto, and of Los Angeles," Rene Angélil mentions. "It really acts of an attractive project, although we are yet only with the whole beginning."

The Knowing Skull

Wow Jenna! That's quite a crew you're with. (I'd have had my picture taken with Sinatra myself.):rollin Congratulations!

absolutewrite

Thanks! This is my favorite line:

"I went to meet it to ask him questions and it was interested in me of asking me questions in its turn ", is astonished it.

awatkins

:rollin

Boy, I hope the list of exotic birds I recently translated for a publisher (from German to English) read better than that!! 8o

allion

And you are now an:

"Écrivaine of many works"

Sounds so much cooler than "writer who has published a lot of stuff."

RichMar

For shame, girl. I would've much preferred a more understandable baptism of your venture. It's big, and and it's a significant step in your career. Did you have to do such a nude scene?

AprilBoo

"Écrivaine of many works"

This should be your new title, instead of "Administrator"

Next thing you know, you'll be too good to talk to all of us non-ecrivaines of many works. ;)

absolutewrite

I'm SO changing my title.

All the non-ecrivaines of many workses are going to be so jealous!

Rich: Nude scene: I kept offering and offering, and people kept saying, "Put its clothingment back on!" Ah, well. Maybe next time.

(Okay, seriously, that was just my little way of saying, 'Rich, I didn't understand what you meant by that comment. Please elaborate?')

maestrowork

Jenna, remember I knew you back when...

:D

We should put that translation in SYW... see if we can pick that apart...

Bwuahahaha

RichMar

Hmm, it's 7:15 pm, Jenna, almost my bedtime. However, I'll fight sleep and respond. The nakedness was your exuberance to put out (no pun intended) a review of what's been happening with your new venture. Ida gladly waited for an English version that would've put it in the light it deserves.

Pushy, pushy.

arrowqueen

Congrats, Jenna - and come on, smarty-pantses - let's see how well we'd do, were we translating it back into French!

;)
aq

absolutewrite

Aw, Rich. But I've been sharing the news in pretty good English every week in the AW newsletter... I just thought this one was funny. If you like, I'll give you the real translation (sans poor grammar).

absolutewrite

A new book on Celine
Dany Bouchard - Newspaper of Montreal

An American publisher is preparing a book showing Celine Dion's rise to fame through various memorabilia that marked her career. The book, which is not expected to be published for a year, will fall under a series of works already devoted to Elvis, John Lennon and Frank Sinatra.

The publisher Becker and Mayer approached Rene Angélil by showing him the first three volumes they published, which contained significant objects-- for example, a concert ticket or the first manager agreements for the careers of Elvis, John Lennon and Frank Sinatra.

"I am a fan of the three," says the imprésario, joined yesterday by the newspaper. "They are very different books from what one sees on the market. The project with Céline in is still at the beginning and we are currently looking at all the material that we have," he confirms.

The fans

From New York, the author of the book, Jenna Glatzer, was particularly enthusiastic to work on the project.

"Celine Dion is marvellous. She treats everyone with equal respect; I went to meet her to ask her questions and she was interested in asking me questions, too," she says with amazement. Celine Dion: Follow your Dreams will appear by the end of the year, or at the latest, in the beginning of 2006.

Author of many works, several of which are devoted to writing, Jenna Glatzer was chosen for the project in October by the publisher Becker and Mayer. For two months, the 29 year old author has questioned the fans of the singer via various Web sites which are devoted to her.

"I find a lot of information from her fans," Jenna explains. "I take note of their questions and try to find answers for them from Céline and Rene to be able to integrate them into the book."

Much work

Jenna Glatzer met Céline and Rene in Las Vegas for the first time in November. "I met them in Colosseum of Caesars Palace, in Las Vegas. I did not have much time with her, but I also spoke to Rene, and to people who work with them."

Jenna Glatzer will meet the couple again this month in Las Vegas.

"She will also meet our teams in Montreal, in Toronto, and in Los Angeles," Rene Angélil mentions. "It really will be an attractive project, although we are only at the beginning."

Melina

Oh, my God, Jenna, how cool! Thanks for posting the translation, that's great. I'm so stoked for you, I can only imagine how you must feel! Congratulations, I can't wait for it to come out.

Melina

rtilryarms

Translations are tricky

As a friend who is fluent in french, 5 years in high school some years ago, I must warn you that your other friend may have made some mistakes. Here is the true context:

Aupres des Fans

Jointe a New York, auteure du livre. Jenna Glatzer, s’est montree particulierement enthousiaste a l’idee de signer de project

-------------------------------

Opera Days Fannies

Joints from New York alters your liver. Jenna Glatzer, enthusiastically sat amongst mighty particulate la-dee-da designers of the poo-jet.

Etc..........

absolutewrite

Re: Translations are tricky

Thank you all, by the way, for the support! It really has been a great experience for me. Here's what I wrote to one of the fan groups the other day:

Some early reflections on this book...

When I was asked to write this book, of course I was honored. But I had also avoided getting into the "celebrity biography" arena on purpose, because I've heard from others what a pain it can be to deal with the egos, the lies, and the lousy treatment most celeb writers get. I have my pride, you know...

I always thought Celine seemed nice on TV, but MOST celebs "seem" nice. The behind-the-scenes look can show a very different truth.

I did more interviews yesterday. The further I dig, the more I realize how amazingly lucky I am because I get to write a book that's 100% genuine. I don't have to skirt around any touchy personal issues (drug overdoses, diva behavior, multiple divorces, cat-fights, etc.), and everyone I've spoken with has such nice things to say about her... not in a butt-kissing "I'd better say nice things so they'll work with me again" sort of way, but in a very concrete way, giving me examples of exactly what's so good about Celine and what sets her apart from other singers.

I'm dazzled by the way she gets starstruck by other singers. I'm touched by the way she treats people, no matter who they are. I'm impressed by the way her staff will uproot their lives to follow her around, whether on tour or in Vegas, because there's no one else they'd rather work with. And I'm awed that the way people describe meeting her when she was a relatively unknown burgeoning singer is still the same person she is today.

It gives me a great sense of freedom not to have to put a spin on anything. I started out feeling honored to write this book because she's a big star and a big talent... but now I feel honored because she's an amazing person.

jmhcreativesolutions

jumping in late . . . as usual . . .

. . . jumping in late . . . as usual . . . to say congratulations! :D I've been following everything through the AW newsletter and thinking about "back in the day" when we first crossed paths. Things have certainly changed -- wow! :D

Yeshanu

Re: jumping in late . . . as usual . . .

Re the first translation:

8.gif

Gotta go change my pants!

Simone78

Congratulations

Like everyone else, I have been following your news through the newsletter. I'm so pleased for you, it sounds like you're having a blast!

Loved the translation!

Simone x

Status
Not open for further replies.