Smithsonian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dollywagon

Registered
Reaction score
It's no good, my head is about to blow off.

Does anybody have any actual experience of submitting to The Last Page?

I did leave this question elsewhere, but I guess it was in an obscure bit.

On the guidelines page is says responses are within 3 weeks, but when I webformed the submission the automated response said within one month.

Either way I am over the time for a response, about 6 weeks now. I sent a nice, polite (I hope) follow-up email on Monday, but still ... nothing!

Is this normal?

batyler65

Plot Monkey
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't subbed to them in a few years. When I did, I don't remember the response time ever being less than 8 weeks. Maybe someone else has more recent experience and can answer.

Frank? Rich? You guys sub anything recently?

My best advice is to take a deep breath and write something new for another market. The more hooks you have in the water, the more likely you are to net something. ;)

Barb

Dollywagon

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Batyler.

I have got loads of stuff out there at the minute, trouble is they all seem to be at the wire or way over it, with regards to deadlines.

The whole thing is starting to drive me potty...:cry:

dale

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.daledobson.com
Don't sweat too much over submission response deadlines - if you haven't gotten a rejection, it might mean you've made it past the first filter and are being passed around the editorial circle for consideration. These things take time sometimes. Just write something new if you're getting anxious.

If I'm eager to get a decision/rejection so I can take a piece somewhere else, I might send a nudge note if it's a few weeks past a published timeframe. Where no response deadline is specified, 3 months is usually the limit of my patience.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Yeah... I've learned you can't sit and just wait and wait and wait on a reply... Or you'll go insane.

Go write something else. Go query another piece.... 90 days later, if you still don't have a response, send a followup.

But keep busy in the meantime.

Dollywagon

Registered
Reaction score
Be quiet ... I'm starving to death, now.

Besides which, I've got loads of stuff out there, every little, last, pokey, blasted, thing is over the deadline date.
And I am working on new stuff. But my head's a shed. Still sent out a couple of newbies this week though.

And, I don't think my email is working properly....

Bad day. Ignore me.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Have some chocolate. It helps both the nerves... and the hunger.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.