Tutorial: How to add Categories to your sidebar using Blogger Beta

dreamflow

Registered
Reaction score
This Tutorial will show you how to add labels to your old posts without loosing your OLD TEMPLATE.

VIA LINK

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
You've been posting this link all over the internet.

Blogger beta is only available to a small, random percentage of users right now. Unfortunately I'm not one of them, though I am looking forward to it.

Talia

Contract Killer
Registered
Reaction score
well that would make the gruesome avatar appropriate :rofl:

navigator - i didn't realise blogger beta was only available to a small % of users. it came up on my blogger the last time i went in. looked to me like there was a standard sidebar with info for anyone on blogger. then you click to upgrade. i'd assume anyone with blogger would get the same option???

also does anyone know why you also require a google account for the new blogger beta? i already have an account, but i'm just curious :D

Talia

Contract Killer
Registered
Reaction score
okay. now i've been thru all the help at blogger i can see that not everyone can convert...

Why can't I switch to Blogger in beta?
While the new version of Blogger is still in beta, some users with certain types of blogs will not be able to switch to it. We'll be adding support for these blogs as soon as possible, so everyone can join in the fun. But for now, if you have any of the following on your account, you'll need to hold off for a bit:

A blog publishing via FTP to a non-BlogSpot server.
A blog with a Plus upgrade (we stopped offering this upgrade a couple years ago, so this will not affect many people).
A team blog.
A blog with a mobile device associated with it.

Note that, even if your blog is eligible to switch, you may not have the link to do so on your dashboard. We are starting out by just switching over a limited number of accounts, but we'll add more and more as time goes on. However, if you still want to try out Blogger in beta, what you can do is to visit beta.blogger.com and create a new account. Later on, you'll be able to merge this account with your original Blogger account.

Thanks for your patience, and we promise it will be worth the wait!

dreamflow

Registered
Reaction score
XThe NavigatorX said:
You've been posting this link all over the internet.

Mr. Navigator, I am flattered that you keep track, and spy on what I post in the Internet, really. :D

dreamflow

Registered
Reaction score
quidscribis said:
Huh. I was kinda wondering about that, considering that the one and only post is to spam his (her?) blog.

Well, this is my 2nd posts, so would calling me a spammer be out of the question then. How many would be needed to be :welcome: in a forum.

And is there a fine line that would state that I cannot provide a link, in this forum?

dreamflow

Registered
Reaction score
TaliaMana said:
well that would make the gruesome avatar appropriate :rofl:

So I guess you're not a fan of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein then. She's one my favorite horror writer, and her mother, the feminist Mary Wollstonecraft, has done great service to women's right.

I've changed my avatar to lion. I hope you're not averse to wildcats too. :D

dreamflow

Registered
Reaction score
TaliaMana said:
also does anyone know why you also require a google account for the new blogger beta? i already have an account, but i'm just curious :D

It's a business strategy. Google has been consolidating their products for quite sometimes now. This is because their competitors has been busy buying other company to stake a claim in the web 2.0 world.

Yahoo! for example has bough Flickr and del.icio.us. Google bought Pyra, the makers of Blogger, and Writely, a free online word processor, akin to Microsoft word.

Hope that helps.

Talia

Contract Killer
Registered
Reaction score
yes thanks! and thanks for your good humour over frankenstein. sorry no, not a fan but as a leo i always like lions...

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
dreamflow, if you want to be viewed as a contributing member of the forum and not be called into question as a spammer, then try actually contributing to the forum. Introduce yourself properly. Get involved in threads other than the ones you start that have links to your stuff.

So far, you've posted in only two threads, both of which are to direct people to your blog. This does not a contributing member make. If this remains as your posting style, then don't be surprised if we remain suspicious and don't jump all over you with accolades.

So far, you're not giving us much reason to welcome you with open arms.

dreamflow

Registered
Reaction score
quidscribis said:
dreamflow, if you want to be viewed as a contributing member of the forum and not be called into question as a spammer, then try actually contributing to the forum.
Oh, you mean to say I should copy ALL of what I've written in this thread? That would not be called contributing.

Contributing is sharing something to people. :D

quidscribis said:
Introduce yourself properly.
Hi I am dreamflow.

quidscribis said:
Get involved in threads other than the ones you start that have links to your stuff.
Say what? Do you mean to say I should answer a hundred or so article before contributing my written works?

By the way I've "contributed" my Technorati Rank.

quidscribis said:
So far, you've posted in only two threads, both of which are to direct people to your blog.
Last time I check people at Absolute Write are linking their blogs. Heck even you had a link to your blog in your signature. ;)

quidscribis said:
...don't jump all over you with accolades.
Who said I want you to jump? :Shrug:

quidscribis said:
So far, you're not giving us much reason to welcome you with open arms.
Well, TaliaMana, thanked me. So there goes your "us." Clearly, every people are different and that just goes to say that you can't please everybody. :welcome:

dreamflow

Registered
Reaction score
quidscribis said:
other than the ones you start that have links to your stuff.

You know what? You gave me an idea. I will put a link to my blog in my signature. :)

Here's what the Edit Signature state:

Your Signature: (It's perfectly fine to link to your blog, personal site, book info, etc.) ;)