Status
Not open for further replies.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I've searched far and wide, I've even consulted advanced medicine books whose index I couldn't understand, and still I don't know what the heck a triblastic organism is. Could anyone enlighten me please?

Cabinscribe

Often ignored by muses
Registered
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT A DOCTOR ;)

I'm pretty sure it's a type of worm.

I just can't remember what "triblast" means. I know it has three of something; maybe stomachs.

I hope you are reading about these things because of a homework assignment, and not because your life has gotten that boring!

I'll let you know if I find out more info, but I'll bet someone here will have the answer.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Where's DrSpork? Paging DrSpork again!

He really is a doctor, you know, and the last time I called out, he miraculously appeared moments later.

So for Dama's sake, I hope my voice echoes through the boards until he responds.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Robert Toy said:
Assuming your not joking:

I am so throwing myself out the window. I swear, I looked in very respectable medicine dictionaries, biology books, health books, online medical dictionaries, britannica, webster's, and I couldn't find it there. A million thanks.

Robert Toy

DamaNegra said:
I am so throwing myself out the window. I swear, I looked in very respectable medicine dictionaries, biology books, health books, online medical dictionaries, britannica, webster's, and I couldn't find it there. A million thanks.
Oh, so this was not a joke?

KanShu

Registered
Reaction score
I'll also begin by issuing the disclaimer that I am not a doctor. I am, however, a biology student, and therefore can probably shed some light on the situation.

While I don't remember specifically remember hearing the term, the links provided by Robert give me a pretty good idea of what it means. A triblastic animal is a general term for any multicellular animal that forms the three embryonic germ layers (ectoderm, mesoderm, and endoderm) during the blastula/gastrula phase of development.

So what does it all mean? Well, I take it that in most contexts the term is used to differentiate between different multicellular organisms, much in the same way that we classify animals according to vertebrates/invertebrates. As a general rule, triblastic organisms are more advanced than their cousins who do not form the three germ layers during development.

The repeated mentions in articles about worms suggests that some worms are triblastic while others aren't, and so it is a convenient method of classifying them.

I hope this helps.

ggglimpopo

Registered
Reaction score
I thought that read "triblastic orgasm"! Can you tell I am mulling over writing erotica?

And sorry, have not the faintest idea what a "triblastic organism" is, or a "triblastic orgasm" for that matter......

Status
Not open for further replies.