PDA

View Full Version : I'm OUT of luck about OUT

Bayou Bill
08-23-2006, 04:39 AM
Another challenge is now being laid before the Blogger forum to once again try and make Bayou Bill (that's me) a little less unsavvy about blogging.

In this case the issue is the, for me, esotoric term "out" when it's used in a blog's stat record at sites such as Technorati. Any erudite elucidation, or just plain help, would be appreciated.

Bayou "bumfuzzled" Bill :cool:

L M Ashton
08-23-2006, 05:07 AM
Context, please? I don't have a clue what you're talking about. :)

Thomma Lyn
08-23-2006, 05:25 AM
Are you talking about Outbound Links? When I go to the Technorati Blog Info page for my blog, I see, in the column on the left side: "Recent Inbound Links", "Recent Outbound Links", "Traffic History", and "Posts Per Day."

If you're asking about Outbound Links, they're the links your visitors click on to visit another site from your blog, whether a link in your blogroll or in the body of a blog post.

Hope this helps! :)

Bayou Bill
08-23-2006, 05:42 AM
Are you talking about Outbound Links? When I go to the Technorati Blog Info page for my blog, I see, in the column on the left side: "Recent Inbound Links", "Recent Outbound Links", "Traffic History", and "Posts Per Day."

If you're asking about Outbound Links, they're the links your visitors click on to visit another site from your blog, whether a link in your blogroll or in the body of a blog post.

Hope this helps! :)
Pelle,

I think you outdid Quid in interpolating my (category: dumb) question. Here's an example of what I was babbling about.

Unique Hits Today7
Hits Today23
Total Hits23
Total Unique Hits7
Out1
Total Out1

Thanks to both of you.

Bayou Bill :cool:

Cath
08-23-2006, 06:14 AM
Yup, I suspect Pellegrina's right - the statistic is showing outbound links from your blog.

I have to admit, I was as clueless as Quid when you first posted this.

Thomma Lyn
08-23-2006, 06:23 AM
Unique Hits Today7
Hits Today23
Total Hits23
Total Unique Hits7
Out1
Total Out1

Hmm, looks similar to the headings in my stat program:

By Details
By Referrals
By World Map
By Location
By Out Clicks
By Entry Pages
By Exit Pages

And in mine, Out Clicks is the same thing as Outbound Links (in Technorati terminology). And glad to help - I'm still figuring out this blogging stuff myself. :)

Bayou Bill
08-23-2006, 06:30 AM
Yup, I suspect Pellegrina's right - the statistic is showing outbound links from your blog.

I have to admit, I was as clueless as Quid when you first posted this.So was I, believe me. :)

L M Ashton
08-23-2006, 06:45 AM
Glad you got it sorted out. :) Even more glad that Pelle's psychic sensor is working at top speed. :D

And I still love the towels in your avatar. ;)

Bayou Bill
08-23-2006, 07:01 AM
Glad you got it sorted out. :) Even more glad that Pelle's psychic sensor is working at top speed. :D

And I still love the towels in your avatar. ;)
You may lack Pelle's super-psycho, make that psychic, ability, but you do have great taste in towels. :)

Bk_30
08-23-2006, 07:21 AM
Oh! I thought the white one was a dog; or is it and I still missed the joke?
ahh man :Shrug:

L M Ashton
08-23-2006, 07:34 AM
:) No, Bk, it's a dog. It's probably a he or a she, but since I don't know which one... It goes back to Bayou Bill's intro thread in the newbie forum and I commented on his pretty towels then. :) And that towel looks really really relaxed. :)

Bayou Bill
08-23-2006, 07:40 AM
:) No, Bk, it's a dog. It's probably a he or a she, but since I don't know which one... It goes back to Bayou Bill's intro thread in the newbie forum and I commented on his pretty towels then. :) And that towel looks really really relaxed. :)Co-rrect. I think.

razibahmed
08-23-2006, 01:06 PM
Another challenge is now being laid before the Blogger forum to once again try and make Bayou Bill (that's me) a little less unsavvy about blogging.

In this case the issue is the, for me, esotoric term "out" when it's used in a blog's stat record at sites such as Technorati. Any erudite elucidation, or just plain help, would be appreciated.

Bayou "bumfuzzled" Bill :cool:
No problem. You will learn very fast. Well, at the beginning, it was very tough for me too and I started pro bloggign just after one month of blogging. It's amazing how much blogging world is changing.