Name two things you like most about yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

wurdwise

Ok. I am pretty new here, even though I have obviously posted enough across the boards to earn the title of a regular. That in itself is telling!:eek

I am a refugee from WritersNet, and the only thing I miss about it is the forum called Smoko, for they talk about most anything under the sun.

It' Sunday morning, everyone in the house is asleep but me, and I feel like being chatty. But the only real action is in the PA thread.

This forum was described as anything not related to writing, so I posted the above question. Maybe some other Sunday early birds will join me here.

I guess first I must answer the question I posed to everyone else. But I didn't think of my own answer before I typed in the question, so, let me see.

mmmmhhhh, Maybe I should have thought of an easier question?8o

My sense of humor and my tenacity.

Ok, your turn.

Melina

Wow, Denise, that's a hard one. If you'd asked what two things I hate about myself, I could probably give you a hundred. I guess the two things I like about myself are these:

My strength in the face of adversity. I've had some rough knocks, but I know that whatever happens, I'll always be okay.

My loyalty. I am deeply loyal to my friends and family.

Good, thought provoking thread.

Enjoy your peace and quiet today!

Melina

maestrowork

Re: RE: Name two things you like most about yourself

Just two? I can go on all day making the list.

:rollin

(Really, I believe in positive thinking. If you can't tell youself something good about yourself all day, then you're not loving yourself enough)

aka eraser

Sense of humour and tact (though one or two folks might argue my grasp of the latter.) :)

Jyndral

I like my determination and (usual) goodnaturedness.

Hmm. Maybe I just used a non-word there, but oh well.

Jyndral

(Really, I believe in positive thinking. If you can't tell youself something good about yourself all day, then you're not loving yourself enough)
You know, maestro, I have to completely agree with that. There was a time that I had the hardest time accepting complements without explaining them away. It's hard to get over that and what you said too. But it is oh-so-worth it!

rhymegirl

Interesting question.

I would say my intelligence and sense of humor.

wurdwise

Maestro is right. If I am in a bad mood, usually brought on by rejection in some form, usually attached to my writiing, :eek I can turn that around pretty quickly by telling myself to be gentle with me, that I am a great person, and smiling, scientifically proven to change your brain waves, or something scientificy like that!;)

ritinrider

Good question. I like what maestro said, but I do have trouble telling myself good things about me. Two of my "good" qualities, hmmmm. I'm loyal to my family, sometimes too loyal, and I enjoy helping others reach their goals.

Nita

nightrider27

I hope most of us like ourselves enough to find at least two things. Loyalty to others, family and friends alike or you receive none in return and............................................, that's hard. I guess the willingness to try anything-even writing that first novel.

triceretops

Re: RE:Name two things you like most about yourself

Peacekeeper...loyalty.

Tri

Jyndral

I hope most of us like ourselves enough to find at least two things.
I think it's probably more along the lines of conditioning. We're taught not to brag too much, so a lot of times we don't say anything at all, even when we're justified in saying it.

ChunkyC

This is difficult in that it feels like bragging, though it shouldn't.

Definitely my sense of humour. I LOVE to make people laugh.

And my sense of compassion. Bill Clinton's got nuttin' on me for feeling the pain of others. I say 'ow' when my wife bangs her elbow.

tfdswift

I like my generosity and my unique-ness.

It took me a while to embrace the latter quality, but now it is the one I am most proud of.

~~Tammy

ElizabethJames

1. Weigh with words
2. Flip flop socks

maestrowork

Bragging be damned.

My two things...

I'm gorgeous. And I'm also gorgeous.

There. You're happy now?

wurdwise

You are quite a cutie! 8o (don't worry, I have kids your age!)

Melina

RE: Maestro

I have to agree with you there, Ray. I checked out your website, and yep--you're a hottie!

;)

Melina

paprikapink

My empathy -- sometimes I understand another person's motives so well that I surprise us both.

My likelihood to be willing to apologize first unless you are my husband in which case it was all your fault why should I apologize unless you did last time in which case it must be my turn so okay, I'm sorry.

-pkpk

aka eraser

I wanna change mine!

I'm better looking than Ray and I sometimes tell the truth.

:)

ChunkyC

I'm better looking than Ray....
Well, many of you know I'm Ray's twin brother. Just don't tell his -- I mean our -- mom that she has a 5'6" 240lb red-headed Irish son living in the mountains of Canada.

absolutewrite

:rollin

My good qualities: I'm loyal, and I've recently discovered the secret to success: Well-groomed eyebrows.

I swear.

Julia Roberts' career took off after she trimmed hers down.

So did mine.

Therefore, it is a fact.

Thinner eyebrows = success.

I'll scan a recent shot someday soon.

HConn

Okay.

Here's a recent shot of me:

reed.jpg

Two things I like best about myself?

That hair gel.

That cool cool breeze.

MacAl Stone

HConn--I like a guy who isn't afraid to wear a skirt. Very nice! But I do miss the coconut shells.

I like my curiosity and also that I'm a bit goofy.

Status
Not open for further replies.