Say a quick prayer for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
I've exposed some injustice and it's made me some powerful enemies that want me fired from my job. I'd appreciate prayers that God would work this out for good and vindicate me.

erika

Registered
Reaction score
They say that God hears the prayers of a righteous man. And I think that's as much you as anyone. But I will certainly keep you in mine.

I don't know what happened, but there's no doubt you did the right thing. All we have in this world is our integrity. Unfortunate that so many don't realize it.

Stay strong. God is definitely with you. I have no doubt.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just found this Nate. Taking time out on your behalf.

Have Peace, my brother.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks again. I'm still employed and had a good chance to perhaps effect a change that might help many people. It's still stressful, but your prayers made a difference.

Thanks

Nate

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't carry too much weight upstairs, but it's done. Hope things turn out okay for you, Nateskate.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Prayers sent, Nate. Keep us up-to-date!

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Update: Your support is very encouraging. At this point, I feel like so many that try to take on any machine. It's a bit like Daniel. He hopes to be a good influence, but ultimately, he's not the king.

At minimum, hopefully some consciences were pricked; and they may consider how their policies are hurting real people. (They are) But I'm not seeing any great "Lightbulb" moments with the metaphorical "Royals". And I've had to fight that temptation to write a "scathing tell-all" about the injustices I've seen. It's not that I never will do that, but not in the spirit of anger or revenge- I'll show those boneheads! They won't listen, so now I'll make them pay and do a New York Times article!

If you are going to pray, ask that God guides me. We aren't called to fight every battle, just the ones that God wants us to. And sometimes we can spin our wheels and spend our energy on one he never intended for us to tackle.

Thanks again,

Nate

Roger J Carlson

Moderator In Name Only
Registered
Reaction score
Nate,

I'm glad you have this in perspective. God doesn't call us to right all wrongs or take the whole load upon ourselves. All he asks is that we do our part.

I will continue praying for you.

Betty W01

Empress of Cyberworld
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Amen, Roger! Nate, may God grant you peace in the middle of the storm and favor in the eyes of your employers.

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
I know this is selfish - I'm an intercessory prayer hog. (Laughs)

Since some of you were willing to pray. The situation is this. I'm seeking council whether to take on the machine. - Picture the weakest members of society being thrown into the street (A metaphor- but the end result of this injustice may likely bring this about literally)

Unfortunately, we don't fight against orcs.- targets that are much easier to identify. Nor do we fight against flesh and blood. (Meaning we are never supposed to look at people as the enemy, even if they oppose us) The people involved here are not necessarily evil or heartless, but they are blinded bureaucrats in some sense.

Since I don't want to talk about my job, let's say it's the same kind of injustice as an insurance company looking for a loophole to deny paying for an insured person's home that just burned down. And even when there is no loophole, in their imaginations there is. (This is not my job, but it's on that level)

My goal is not to embarrass people or hurt people, which taking this on will do. (If I do it) But it is job-suicide. I would have to in fact, shame people into doing what's right, and have no guarantee of anything more than being unemployed.

I need to know this is something I should take on. (God's will for me) Pray God speaks through the people that speak into my life.

Thanks

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry Nate. You've got a lot on your plate personally and then to have job concerns on top of it. I'll pray for your son and for you spiritually. You've got a hard road, but you know you aren't alone on the walk.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Nateskate said:
The people involved here are not necessarily evil or heartless, but they are blinded bureaucrats in some sense.

I need to know this is something I should take on. (God's will for me) Pray God speaks through the people that speak into my life.

Thanks
I'll continue praying for guidance, strength and wisdom for you, and for God to burden the hearts of those involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.