submit queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobythebay

What exactly does that mean? I see a lot of freelance jobs and it says submit queries wither by e-mail or snail mail. Sometimes there is neither. Would you suggest that I just go to the website? Thanks. I love this board!

eraser

Jo, I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

If you mean you can't find either an email, or snail mail addy, then yes, go to the website. Usually there's a "Contact Us" thingee to click on. If it's a magazine, sometimes the various editors will be listed and their email addys. Sometimes they have their own email form right there. Snail mail addys can often be found too either by clicking on "Contact Us" or "About Us." Be sure to check around to see if they have writer's guidelines posted on the site too.

Just in case you meant "what the heck is a query?", it's a short pitch on a story idea that includes your creds on why you're perfect for the job. Or, a short description of a finished piece with your creds etc.

jobythebay

Thanks, yes both. I didn't really know what a querie is so thanks for that info. In this case it is a magazine but going to the website only gives me a contact for the seller of a bunch of magazines. In this case the mag is called Fate. Well I'll wait and see if I hear from the seller and if not do some more research. But I especially wanted to know exactly what a query, querie..I guess I should learn how to spell it was. Thanks..much appreciated. jo

lbasie

FATE

FATE Magazine has a website for their publication. It is www.fatemag.com. A link to their writer's guidelines is included in the left-hand menu.

jobythebay

Re: FATE

Thanks..now why couldn't I find that. Actually we are leaving for 3 weeks + in our new travel trailer in 1 hour so I may not be totally focused on writing! I do appreciate the info. Thanks. 8)

mammamaia

queries [query if singular]...

hey, jo.com... email me when you get back to work and i'll send you some good stuff on writing great queries that i send to my 'mentees' when needed... meanwhile, have a terrific trip!... love and hugs, maia

Deizelcore

This is not a user title
Registered
Reaction score
This section is only for greeting new members. Nothing else. Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.