PDA

View Full Version : Why's Greeting Card Writing all Private and that?

NicoleJLeBoeuf
08-22-2006, 03:08 AM
So, I have this project I'm working on that involves interviewing Greeting Card Writers and Greeting Card Designers and Stationery Makers and Paper Crafters. Yay! Paying freelance gig Good! Anyway...

I thought maybe I could get ahold of a fellow AW'er who's active in the Greeting Card industry and chat by email. Yes, I could put my request in Experts Wanted, but that just seemed a little too wide-angle. I was hoping to browse the Greeting Card Writing forum, get a feel for who's who, and then PM someone. Politely.

But! The Greeting Card Writing forum is all private.

Whyzzat?

And is there a public place people congregate to talk about this that I've just overlooked? The Greeting Card equivalent to, say, Writing Short Fiction?

Or do I just go beg an admin for the password?

PattiTheWicked
08-22-2006, 03:10 AM
Fact is, Nicole, Greeting Card writing is an oathbound, initiatory tradition.

:)

DamaNegra
08-22-2006, 03:12 AM
WHAT THE BLEEP IS CLETUS???

Peggy
08-22-2006, 03:31 AM
If you go to the top level of the boards, you can find the secret :):

This forum is open only to those who've bought "Sell The Fun Stuff" by Jenna Glatzer (www.absolutewrite.com/greetingcard.htm)
Although that doesn't answer the burning question: What the *bleep* IS Cletus?

MacAllister
08-22-2006, 03:52 AM
Umm--there was some other reason, I think I'm dimly remembering...I just can't quite place it. We can always ask Jenna, though--who wrote "Sell the Fun Stuff" and might actually be a really good person to begin with, for your project. :)

JennaGlatzer
08-22-2006, 04:06 AM
Nicole, I'm PMing you with the password. I don't think our greeting card writers would mind... :)

That goes for anyone who wants the e-book but whose funds are tight, too. Just PM me and I'll send you the password.

Medievalist
08-22-2006, 04:07 AM
It's a conspiracy.

You see greeting cards actually all contain subliminal messages, and the forum is where the actual concrete details of the plans for World Domination are worked out.

It's really all up to the white mice, you know?

DamaNegra
08-22-2006, 04:43 AM
What about Cleuts? I don't want to die if I don't know what the *bleep* cletus is!!!!

MacAllister
08-22-2006, 04:47 AM
Dama, Cletus is one of those eternal mysteries, left intact for humans to ponder over the centuries--sorta like fossils.

:D

DamaNegra
08-22-2006, 06:27 AM
You're going to make me cry :cry:

NicoleJLeBoeuf
08-23-2006, 01:11 AM
Now, if I'd *known* this thread would be so much fun to read, I wouldn't have waited until I had an actual real reason to start it.

Thanks all for the replies, esp. Jenna! And give my best to the white mice. *narf*

DamaNegra
08-23-2006, 02:52 AM
I'm gonna learn how to hack databases just to get a peek inside cletus :cry: I'm serious! I'm gonna crash AW!!!!

Unique
08-23-2006, 05:44 AM
No! Don't do it. The last person that tried that -

was never heard from again. :Shrug:

I want to know what happened to Bartimus. Must be the missing link.

JennaGlatzer
08-23-2006, 05:54 AM
Oh dear. The mind zapper eraser thingee must be on the fritz again. Someone remembers Bartimus. Tech support! Fix this mind zapper eraser thingee!

Haggis
08-23-2006, 06:00 AM
Oh dear. The mind zapper eraser thingee must be on the fritz again. Someone remembers Bartimus. Tech support! Fix this mind zapper eraser thingee!

Run, Unique. Run.

DamaNegra
08-23-2006, 06:05 AM
I remember Bartimus too. What was it? I mean, if it's no longer around, it doesn't hurt to know, right?

Perks
08-23-2006, 06:14 AM
Shhh. I know, I asked about 'Cletus' once. I lost seventeen hours and woke up naked under a mail truck... on a Sunday. Don't go there.

The blue iguana flies at midnight. Ta-rah and all she said.

Unique
08-23-2006, 06:22 AM
Run, Unique. Run.

Wow, Haggis, you're all right. Thanks.

::::zips::::::

DamaNegra
08-23-2006, 07:36 AM
Ja! I did a bit of snooping around and I have a very good idea of what Cletus is! Now, off to make a list of possible members...

Haggis
08-23-2006, 05:27 PM
Ja! I did a bit of snooping around and I have a very good idea of what Cletus is! Now, off to make a list of possible members...

I thought Cletus married Britney.:Shrug: