Problems uploading images?

Marilyn Braun

Royal Bibliomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
marilynsroyalblog.blogspot.com
I'm having a problem with uploading images to my blog. Sometimes I have this problem and sometimes I don't but it seems to be a problem more often than not. I don't think I'm doing anything differently. When I choose my image, it downloads and then says "Your image has been added" but yet there is no image!

Is anyone else having this issue?

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
Perhaps if you specify whether this is your WordPress or your Blogspot blog? Or is it both? And you're doing the uploading from within your blogging interface or with an external program?

I don't have an answer for you - I don't use either sites - but it might help someone else help you better.

Marilyn Braun

Royal Bibliomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
quidscribis said:
Perhaps if you specify whether this is your WordPress or your Blogspot blog? Or is it both? And you're doing the uploading from within your blogging interface or with an external program?

I don't have an answer for you - I don't use either sites - but it might help someone else help you better.

I'm having this issue with Blogger, I guess within the interface as you say, I don't use an external program.

I don't find uploading images to Wordpress very straightforward, so I don't really bother with it - which is why you don't see any images on that blog!

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
Other people have recently reported that issue with Blogger. It'll probably clear up. In the meantime, look into a photobucket or flickr account.

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
It's been driving me nuts all morning! I came here to whine and see that I'm not the only one.

It (Blogger) let me load two pics and says it loaded the 3rd but it lied! It's a fibber-blogger! I tried via photobucket and uploading from my hard drive. No go. Guess I'll just save as a draft and keep trying from time to time. Stupid techno-world....

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
I (finally! duh!) found a workaround for the image posting problem. Since it worked for my first two posted images I copied the code and just substituted the correct photobucket number for the new pic. I continued doing that for all the pics and it worked.

So if, in some previous post of yours, you did successfully upload a pic - just go to "edit" that post and copy the code. Then insert it into the new post and change the bit that identifies the picture.

If I didn't express that clearly it's because I'm a techno-dweeb.

NewB

Super Fast Turtle
Registered
Reaction score
Good to know that it worked!

I visited your blog (the one on blogspot) and I didn't see any photos uploaded! Were you just experimenting with it?

Also, how did you get so interested in this royal stuff? Don't be offended, but I am curious to know how you started off with this. I haven't seen anyone who is so involved in (or should I risk my intention and say obsessed) royal things.

Marilyn Braun

Royal Bibliomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
NewB said:
Good to know that it worked!

I visited your blog (the one on blogspot) and I didn't see any photos uploaded! Were you just experimenting with it?

I'm currently working on an article, and adding the photos. Some of my previous posts do have images, like the Royal Profiles. I've had some problems in the past with adding images so that's why there's currently a lack of them. But hopefully I should be able to complete the article, with pictures, and post it soon.

Also, how did you get so interested in this royal stuff? Don't be offended, but I am curious to know how you started off with this. I haven't seen anyone who is so involved in (or should I risk my intention and say obsessed) royal things.

No offence taken! I've always been interested in royalty, since I was about 10 years old - so over 20 years! To make a long story short it started with the birth of Prince William and grew from there. I just love every aspect of the subject.

NewB

Super Fast Turtle
Registered
Reaction score
Marilyn Braun said:
No offence taken! I've always been interested in royalty, since I was about 10 years old - so over 20 years! To make a long story short it started with the birth of Prince William and grew from there. I just love every aspect of the subject.

Oh, ok. I will keep you in mind. If I have any question relating to the royal world, I know whom to ask :)