Not crazy about Gnarls Barkley

erika

Registered
Reaction score
I live outside of Atlanta and everyone's batty over Gnarls Barkley "Crazy." Personally, that freaking song drives me crazy. It's repetitive and reminiscent of a bad '70s one-hitter. Am I alone in this opinion?

K-Mark

Philly Phanatic
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Charles Barkley...when he was a Sixer.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

MajorDrums

Kidnapper
Registered
Reaction score
i wonder if they did that on purpose (gnarls, charles). if so, what is the connection? seriously, i don't know what the message is in the song. I'm crazy, you're crazy, we're all crazy, are we? am i? GAH!!

erika

Registered
Reaction score
It's the freaking beat that makes my skin crawl. The same thing over and over and over and over. It's not that they suck on a Cher/Shakira level. They definitely surpass those oxygen thiefs (that was harsh). But why do I have to hear it every day? Need XM.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Oh, but I love the beat, I love the lyrics, I am actually crazy about that song.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The first time I heard it, it did nothing for me. But somehow, it's gotten stuck in my head. I can't explain it. It's infectious.

JRH

practical experience, FTW
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowpoetry.com
I looked it up and listened to it and it's not bad for what it is, (a contemporary dance song), but it can't begin to compare to the original "Crazy" written by Willie Nelson and first recorded by Patsy Cline. (now, THAT's a CLASSIC).

JRH