PDA

View Full Version : Not crazy about Gnarls Barkley

erika
08-20-2006, 04:21 AM
I live outside of Atlanta and everyone's batty over Gnarls Barkley "Crazy." Personally, that freaking song drives me crazy. It's repetitive and reminiscent of a bad '70s one-hitter. Am I alone in this opinion?

K-Mark
08-20-2006, 05:59 AM
I'm a big fan of Charles Barkley...when he was a Sixer.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

MajorDrums
08-20-2006, 06:35 PM
i wonder if they did that on purpose (gnarls, charles). if so, what is the connection? seriously, i don't know what the message is in the song. I'm crazy, you're crazy, we're all crazy, are we? am i? GAH!!

erika
08-21-2006, 05:48 AM
It's the freaking beat that makes my skin crawl. The same thing over and over and over and over. It's not that they suck on a Cher/Shakira level. They definitely surpass those oxygen thiefs (that was harsh). But why do I have to hear it every day? Need XM.

Forbidden Snowflake
08-25-2006, 08:43 AM
Oh, but I love the beat, I love the lyrics, I am actually crazy about that song.

Soccer Mom
08-25-2006, 09:14 AM
The first time I heard it, it did nothing for me. But somehow, it's gotten stuck in my head. I can't explain it. It's infectious.

JRH
09-01-2006, 08:36 AM
I looked it up and listened to it and it's not bad for what it is, (a contemporary dance song), but it can't begin to compare to the original "Crazy" written by Willie Nelson and first recorded by Patsy Cline. (now, THAT's a CLASSIC).

JRH