submissions to magazines

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceElf1

New (of course, otherwise what'm I doing on this board?) & w/ a question about submissions to magazines & e-zines. If you submit the same article to several magazines at once, should you tell each 1 you've submitted this article to other places? Will telling them reduce the probability they'll buy your piece? If you do tell them, how do you tell them: "By the way, I've also submitted this same article to ThisMagazine & ThatMagazine in case you don't want it?"<!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END-->Thanx,<!--EZCODE BR START--><!--EZCODE BR END-->Bonnie ([email protected])

reef

Simultaneous submissions

That question came up recently on the nearby board "Greeting Cards and Slogans." Here's a link to the discussion. Look for the post by eraye on 4/12:

pub43.ezboard.com/fabsolu...D=60.topic

(If link doesn't work, the thread is called "A problem I should be glad to have.")

Eraye points out that simultaneous submissions of greeting-card ideas are unethical. For some magazines the situation is different. You need to look at what the particular magazine's guidelines say about simultaneous submissions: does the editor accept them or not? If so, you can include that magazine when sending an article to multiple markets. If not, then don't. I wouldn't mention it when submitting. It's too much like saying "By the way, if you won't go to the prom with me, I'll ask Jenny instead." The easy response is "Okay, Buster, go ask Jenny."

Status
Not open for further replies.