Previously Published Material

shirah

Registered
Reaction score
I'm interested in submitting my previously (self)published book to a small press for consideration. There's no guidelines on their website as to HOW to submit it. What is the standard - a copy of the actual book or printout? Thank you!

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
That's a great question. I don't know the answer, but if I was to guess, and mind you, this is only a guess, I'd send the manuscript with a note explaining the work was previously self-published.

Someone will be along shortly who knows what they're talking about, so please don't take my advice until they do.

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I would recommend doing what Silver King suggests, but questions any publisher will ask about a self-published book will be: how many copies did you sell? Where did you sell them? How did you promote the book? Did you receive any reviews? Etc. Make sure you include this information right up front. and good luck--but be aware that it's often hard to sell a self-pubbed book to a publisher.

shirah

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the quick reply. Sigh. I better concentrate on my unpublished writing instead.