PDA

View Full Version : Just curious; Multiple Posts

DTKelly
08-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Hey all,

I'm writing to find out your thoughts on multiple posts in a day. Does it bother you when a blog you go to has 4-5 new posts in a day?

Or even if you haven't checked the site in a day or two, do you go back and read the previous entries that you missed or just the most recent?

L M Ashton
08-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Doesn't bother me at all. I do it, too. And yeah, I'll go back and read 'em all. :)

Bk_30
08-19-2006, 11:47 AM
I am guilty of posting more than once a day on occasion. So because of that I will scroll down if I realize I missed a post. If it is a blog where the person the person only blogs once or twice a week I'll scroll down to make sure I didn't miss any.

bsolah
08-19-2006, 04:00 PM
I used to post multiple times. I don't do it anymore except I might blog something political and post something writing related in the same day, to satisfy both audiences. I do it less now because of the fear people will miss these posts.

Personally, I have no problem reading multiple posts. Although, I might feel weird commenting on an older post, though I'm sure the blogger wouldn't mind - I certainly wouldn't mind!

moth
08-19-2006, 05:13 PM
They only bother me if I'm swamped and am behind on the rest of my stuff all day too :tongue . Seriously, it doesn't bug me. And I do go back and read them all, but I almost never comment.

razibahmed
08-20-2006, 12:03 AM
Hey all,

I'm writing to find out your thoughts on multiple posts in a day. Does it bother you when a blog you go to has 4-5 new posts in a day?

Or even if you haven't checked the site in a day or two, do you go back and read the previous entries that you missed or just the most recent?
I see nothing wrong with multiple posts. In if you use RSS feed then keeping up with posts is not a problem.

nancy02664
08-20-2006, 01:44 AM
I don't mind multiple daily posting at all. Well...I don't mind two or three new posts a day. But if it gets to be ten or more (like at some of those huge, multi-poster blogs), I sometimes get a little annoyed. (For instance: It bugs me when, in the time it takes me to write a comment on the most recent post, three more posts go up.)

I always try to read entries I've missed (eventually, at least).

JulieB
08-20-2006, 02:09 AM
Miss Snark always does several in a day, and I wouldn't miss her stuff for the world.

I usually do two a day during the week. One is the main post and the other a photo post. But if there's something really compelling that I want to talk about, then I'll put together a third post just to keep the topic separate.

Bk_30
08-20-2006, 03:16 AM
I have added comments to other people's old posts as well. If something they say strikes me I want to let them know. my blog lets me see most recent comments even if the post is several months old.

DTKelly
08-20-2006, 04:47 AM
I'm a habitual blog reader. I usually keep reading until I hit a post I haven't seen before.

Thomma Lyn
08-20-2006, 05:09 AM

Nope. Just means more good reading. :)

I go back and read the previous entries that I missed.

I think the most times I've blogged in one day is three. My average is once a day.