Hullo everyone. I'm a n00b.

• Thread starter XThe NavigatorX
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

XThe NavigatorX

I've been surfing around today looking for a good writing forum, and this seems like a pretty cool place. Everyone here seems a lot friendlier than some of the other big ones.

My name is Matt, and my first book will be available in a few months. Plus I work at a newspaper writing obituaries, and I've done quite a few odd freelance jobs. I love to write, and I love to talk about writing. :hat

batyler65

Hello, Matt and welcome to board!

Congrats on the book, too!

You'll find a lot of friendly and slightly bent folks here at the water cooler so feel free to jump in with both feet!

I write humor, greeting cards, educational material and anything else that comes along. I've been freelancing full-time for the past 9 years and it is definitely a wild ride.

Barb

XThe NavigatorX

Thanks, Bat.

I've tried to break into the greeting card biz a couple times, but I didn't do too well. So I've stuck mostly with writing advertising copy. And fiction, too. Pretty much the same thing.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Teehee! They're so adorable when they're new. *pinches Nav's cheek*

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is the AW equivalent of the "Lordy, lordy, look who's forty" newspaper ads showing someone's baby picture. Ye were such a feisty wee gaffer back then, Nav!

sharon

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Matt! Congrats on the book! ficton? non-fiction? Genre? Glad you're here!

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
madani.gif
Damn you, Haskins! Was this because of the 616 thing? :guns:

Everyone else, thank you for asking. That book has been out for a few years now. I do have a new one coming out in August. I still work at a newspaper, but a different one in a different state. And I don't write obituaries any more. My website is in my sig.

sharon

Registered
Reaction score
DOH!

Okay, that's it! From now on, I'm checking the dates! 2003? I repeat... Doh!:Smack:

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Yep. He's got a long grey beard and a walker now. (Okay, so it's only two years, but this place ages you fast.)

Status
Not open for further replies.