Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Eeeeeeeeeek!!!!

If anyone needed a reason not to show work to loved ones, this is it!

Last edited:

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
is it just me, or should that be finished out into a novel and then published, by PublishAmerica of course, lol.

Selcaby

Writer of wrongs
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, it should! I wonder how PA's faithful authors would react if asked to read (and give 5-star reviews to) a book about how awful their beloved publisher is. Someone should try it.

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
Oh no. I have started a wave of paranoia. Writers will be wary near holidays, hiding their manuscripts from spouses and significant others. What have I done?

Tsu Dho Nimh

Registered
Reaction score
Meggy -

Write it up and send it to PA. Her ploys to get rid of the remaining books could take the rest of the chapters. Try leaving it behind in a restaurant and being chased by the waiter returning it, the bomb scare at the airport when she abandond a wrapped bundle of them, ...

When a carryon full of books goes through airport security, they get NERVOUS! It shows no detail, just a solid mass of something.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Sooooooooo glad that I decided way back not to submit anything to PublishAmerica. What amazes me is that they are getting off with their scam..... And some still think they are legit!

janetbellinger

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, they are getting away with it. And they are getting away with not paying royalties due. I wonder if they might promote the idea of authors cancelling their contracts. That way PA has a way out of paying any royalties at all. I have received not one cent in royalites from PA and Ingrams says I sold 35 books in 2006, plus I have an Amazon UK ranking which means I sold at least one book there.

SeanDSchaffer

Your story sent chills down my spine. The thought of someone else getting one of my works published for me as a 'present' is not something I am exactly fond of, now.

I'm off, to lock up every piece of writing I have...
;)

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Add me to the list who think you should turn it into a novel and submit to PA. Do they read anything at all? ROFLMAO!!!! :D

Ken Schneider

Absolute sagebrush
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She's safe.

He couldn't copyright it in her name.
icon12.gif