Teething

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrs75

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mistisandefur.com
I'm working on an article about teething, and would like some help from moms or dads, please.

What do you, or did you do (if you can remember), to help relieve baby's discomfort when he/she was teething? I would prefer some home remedies you used, or something other than the basic cold teething rings and gels or other meds. Your help would be much appreciated. You can post here or PM me -- either one is fine.

Deadline is soon, so please respond as soon as you can. Thanks in advance.

Fern

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
My sister used to give her babies a clean wet washrag. They would chew on it and the roughness seemed to help their teeth break through quicker.

Mine usually ran fever when they were teething so Tylenol helped keep them not quite as sore. My daughter weaned herself from the bottle when teething. She threw it down and wouldn't touch it because it hurt her gums. I took the opportunity to use the sippy cup more.

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
My son did not get his first tooth until his first birthday - and other than excessive drooling and pink cheeks, he had very little outward signs (perhaps because he was older). My daughter got her first tooth at 5 months and was chewing on everything. We've even got a pic of her latched on to my mom's chin and gnawing for all she was worth. I did the wet washcloth thing for her as well, except I froze it - the cold numbed the gums for a few minutes and she enjoyed chewing it.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
My son got a slight tfever and always got a pimple right before a tooth broke through. He used his "binky" mostly while cutting teeth. I tried the baby orajel, but he hated it.

Aesposito

Registered
Reaction score
I did the frozen wet washcloth thing as well. Worked pretty well, along with liberal amounts of baby Motrin <g>.

Someone also suggested I freeze a bagel and let them chew on it....but my younger daughter gnawed off a large enough chunk that she could have choked on it, so I'm not so sure that was a good idea.

Audrey

mrs75

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mistisandefur.com
Thank you! Article complete.

I wish to thank all of you for your helpful suggestions. I have completed my article and it's up. If you'd like to read it feel free click here. The title is "Relieving Baby's Discomfort and Yours."

My oldest is 13 now, and my youngest is 10, and of course my other is 11 (I can't leave him out). You would think I could remember everything I did for them when they were teething, but I guess my memory is going with age :cry: Any way, I'm glad you friendly folks were here to help.

A few of the things I could remember, but there were some I could not, and I also wanted some home remedies that our grandparents used too, and I did get a couple of these from my mom. Although, doing this article made me miss my grandmother even more. If she were still here I probably would have gotten a lot more home remedies than what I did get; I always loved hearing her stories about the good old days.

If I can ever return the favor just PM me, and if I'm able to help on the subject you need help with I'll be glad to assist. Hint: I'm the mother of a teenage daughter ;)

Last edited:

earthshoes

Not User Friendly
Registered
Reaction score
Website
earthshoes41.blogspot.com
Out of four boys, only the oldest was really miserable while teething. In part because I discovered Hyland Teething Tablets--homeopathic remedy. Worked like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.