Wet behind the ears - anyone got a towel :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

brolga

Hi all,
I am SOOO pleased to have stumbled across this site and look forward to gleaning much needed info as I bop around the boards ;)
I've written stuff pretty much forever and have finally made the decision to try my hand at earning from it.
My first Question:
When you first start out doing the freelance thing - well... how do you first start out doing the freelance thing? I mean, if you bid for a project or advertise your services how do you get "cred" when you haven't previously written professionally? Once a few jobs are under your belt and your portfolio starts to grow I understand - but what about before those first few jobs?
I'd really appreciate your input.

Cheers

lbasie

Greetings!

Welcome, Brolga!

You've definitely found the 'write' place. I think if you take a few minutes to research some of the past threads, you will find others have asked similar questions and the responses have been very thorough and varied. You are certain to find an approach which will work for you.

Somewhere in the Newbie forum there is an FAQ. That would probably be an excellent place to start; I believe most of the answers to your immediate questions are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.