Marvel Comic Submission

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-Mark

Philly Phanatic
Registered
Reaction score
I just mailed out a few pitches to Marvel Comics using the guidelines. Anyone ever do this before?

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
I've had a pitch in with them for 6 months now, Mark. The wait is killing me-they've been crazy busy with Civil War and all the tie-ins, so...fingers crossed, anyway!

Did you send the full pitch, or just the query (if I'm remembering theguidelines right)?

Good luck!

K-Mark

Philly Phanatic
Registered
Reaction score
6 months? Wow, thanks for the reality check. I didn't know the wait could be that long. Oh well.

I sent four different pitches each as a two page query with that submission form.

Good luck right back at ya!

TSByrne

Registered
Reaction score
I hate to be the voice of doom here, but there is about ....oh ..... no chance whatsoever of them picking up your idea. Unless you're an artist and are insanely awesome. If you're a writer......

Sorry, but Marvel wouldn't do a new idea if f*cking Grant Morrison pitched it to them. Hell, if Dan Brown or J.K. Rowling wanted to, they'd tell them to buzz of. Even if Shakespeare rose from the dead to write a comic, they would keep on slogging away at the same ol' books with the same ol' creators.

They are in the business of superheroes. More accurately, they are in the business of THEIR superheroes. More accurately, they are in the business of their superheroes as written by Brian Michael Bendis.

It's a tough world. Try Dark Horse, they seem more receptive (and they have a New Recruits drive every year).

P.S. I know I'm a jerk. But by saying this I've added to your karmic balance and actually HELPED you get your pitches accepted just to prove me wrong! You're welcome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.