Lurking No More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Jones

Hello all! I have been lurking these boards for awhile and decided to join. I am promising myself I will submit work NOW and this looks like a great place for advice and support. I must say that when you break it down, I am all wrong for the writing game. Confidence, discipline and ability to accept rejection are not my strong suits. Anyone else feel that way starting out? Did these virtues build over time? Did they become obviously uneccessary? I suppose I will perservere no matter the answers. I have come to the conclusion that I HAVE to write and submit work with or without those virtues. LOL Thanks to all responsible for making this an inviting and interesting community! :smokin

Ruukah

Welcome! :D

Confidence, discipline, and acceptance can be difficult traits to achieve, but nothing's impossible if the desire to write is strong. I hope the people here will help and encourage you, as they have done for me. :)

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of things do you write?

Cat Jones

A more appropriate question might be 'what kind of things don't I write?' :D I just finished off an article on Teen Privacy that I would love to submit to a magazine like Redbook or similar women's publication. That, however, is a very lofty goal for someone new to freelancing. I tend to write lots and lots of poetry and am swamped with ideas to start short fiction and novels. Completion there is usually an issue. Writing for me is much like reading, even cereal boxes aren't too low for me to go! :lol Thanks for the warm welcome!

Ruukah

Wow, that's great that you can do so many different kinds of writing! I mostly stick to short fiction and mild science fiction, but I would love to be able to write poetry and nonfiction as well. Maybe someday I'll give it a try, when I'm a bit more experienced. And hey, don't underestimate yourself... You want to submit to Redbook? Go for it! They might really like your article! I know it's cliche, but you'll never know unless you try.

PS. Being a teenager myself and having had many recent problems with privacy, I would be very interested in reading your article. Let me know if/when and where it gets published so I can check it out! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.