Need advice on buying a printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie writer

Im looking into buying a new printer for my laptop

Could anyone tell me if there is a certain brand that people here use, I just finished school so my funds are kinda limited...I'd hate to buy a printer and then have to buy cartridges for every script that I print out

AND I hate going to BesyBuy because they just sell you crap regardless

Thanks

lbasie

Printers & More

Regardless of the brand, I would suggest going with a printer with multiple capabilites (print, fax, copy, and scan). Although such things can be expensive, if you hunt around, you can find specials on refurbished models that are not that much more expensive than just a plain printer.

Especially since you indicate you have a laptop -- and therefore your computer is mobile -- you will want something capable of receiving faxes rather than just relying on your computer which may not be plugged in when someone tries to reach you.

All-in-ones can also save you a fortune in copy costs.

newbie writer

yeah I was thinking this morning that a fax machine/printer might be more useful

thanks

sassenach

I don't have many product loyalties...

but for printers, I'd only consider HP. I think they are the best.

Cat Jones

Re: I don't have many product loyalties...

My computer tech husband and I agree with you!!

Brillig

HP

I prefer HP, too. They are already integrated with many of the newer Microsoft offerings (and Microsoft is almost unavoidable) and their tech line provides really good support. But the ink for HP is EXPENSIVE and I think it runs out awful fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.