PDA

View Full Version : Q&A of self publishing

Sir Craigalot
08-17-2006, 11:56 AM
I should have just started here in the first place. I really like this site and its community. I would like to help anyone that is curious of the process of self-publishing. Here is my content's link.

http://www.lulu.com/content/384607

You can just about publish anything through lulu. It's a start and was a good experiance. Ask away about anything you may need to know of the process. How I did it? What method I used...

jchines
08-17-2006, 03:59 PM
I'm curious how and why you made the choice to self-publish. What were the factors for and against, and why did you decide to go this route?

Sir Craigalot
08-18-2006, 02:53 AM
I'm curious how and why you made the choice to self-publish. What were the factors for and against, and why did you decide to go this route?

Why I decided to go with pod was the fact that I could just get it out there. Nobody had to take a risk on me due to this being my first children's book. Anyone who decided they liked it was able to get it for 75 cents instead of buying it in a bookstore for 7 bucks or whatever they decide to price it at. Due to lulu being a free service and me not having a lot of investment money, it was a good route for me to go. I'm still open to tradional publishing, but hopefully at a later time.