Had to repost this HERE where it should be!

Reaction score
I was almost taken by the same clods at PA for the same thing..Until I did some research..I simply typed in "Weaknesses of PublishAmerica", and the first thing that was on there was THIS site...

I went through and immediately began reading away in disgust at some of the things I had found...The "Atlanta Nights" book was especially funny and agonizing, but the coup de grace was reading many author's horror stories of what had happened at PA...I realized that the company was a complete hoax and will be throwing away the contract in the trash when it comes to me...

Now that it's over..I need to find a good literary agent for a Contemporary fiction book..I've read SOME of the multitudes of threads for some of the agents described..but so far, I've read a lot of bad agents...Can someone reccomend me a decent agent to send my manuscript to that won't refer me to back to a group like PA?

I thank the members of this site, and I am very sorry to those authors who got taken by that company. I understand your pain, and I hope you all do bigger and better things then to be tied down by the fools of that vanity publishing company.

Phoenix

kbax

Refrigerate After Opening
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kristophrenia.blogspot.com
Hey there, and congrats on slipping from PA's grasp. This is a good place to start looking for agents, and you can check them out here. Also, Publisher's Marketplace has some good listings. I would also recommend signing up for the Daily Lunch from Publisher's Marketplace, as the weekly lunch version give's you a sampling of the week's deals, and will help you gain some familiarity with the players out there that are actually making the deals.

This thread offers query letter resources, and you can post your query in the Share Your Work section of this board (Query Letter Critique is at the bottom) for some very helpful feedback.

Just one agent won't cut it, though. Get ready to query, and query HARD.

And I see that as I wrote this, Uncle Jim gave you one of the best resources that I'd forgotten. :)

Good luck!
http://www.anotherealm.com/prededitors/