Interview help

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmaS

Hi all you experts out there! I have a simple but probably naive question - how do you go about getting a celebrity interview?

I've been writing for a music website and they've told me basically if I can arrange interviews they will take them off my hands. I know about going through the publicist but I'm not sure really what to put. The website is quite new, so will they agree to giving me an interview? I'm not going to go after mega famous names.

I just don't know what to put on a request. I did send one off but I have received no reply so maybe I did something wrong! Is it normal that if a celebrity is going to turn you down, you hear nothing? I thought it was only editors that did this!

If anyone's got any tips or help I'd appreciate it because I do need the interviewing experience.

Thanks

Emma

Greenwolf103

Hello,

I've never interviewed a celebrity (yet!) but I would think you'd have to contact their agent/publicist to request an interview. Don't go through e-mail or snail mail to do this; you'll never get an answer! Just give them a call. You can get their contact info by their professional organization or by hunting their listings down in music magazines. Also, introduce yourself, saying that you are a writer requesting an interview with Mr. Celebrity for MusicSite.com and maybe that'll work out. Good luck! :D

--Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.