A Tapestry Of War

TeddyG

The Other Shoe Will Fall!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
Well...I have this Novel WIP I am working on about the recent war in Lebanon called "Shadows Of A Dream" which is moving along fine, and I decided to try and redact some scenes into a short story. I wanted to see how that would go.

It became the short story called "A Tapestry Of War" and was just (today) accepted for publication over at thedeepening.com

That makes 8 short stories published or about to be published this year since Jan 2006. So I am a semi-happy camper. (Writers can never admit to being totally happy!) This now has allowed me to professionally without dreaming try for an anthology. So that gives me hope as well.

It is about the war, and a bit different than my other writing, but I cannot get away from the "literary fiction" that I guess I am in love with.

Though I never ever ever let anyone see my work before I submit it and it is accepted, because I was a bit worried about the way the story read, I really want to thank Perks (ugh! I knew i would eat dirt one day!), for doing me the favor of reading a first and horrible draft, and making me get my head out of my tush on some things. She took time out in a busy schedule and did it for me immediately. And her short but succint comments, one of which was really critical...did the job.

That is the last time I eat craw and thank Perks in public ...what has this world come to?...pfffffffttttttttttttt

To all of you out there who are trying to break through and get published. Hang in there. Seriously. Karma strikes at the wierdest times!

Thanks again to all of AW and especially to the nuts over at HOL (and I am the INNOCENT ONE!)

Teddy

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Congratulations, Teddy! Way to go. Many more is what I wish you.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:snoopy: That's terrific, Teddy! I swear, you're not just good lookin', you ooze talent, too.

(we won't tell anyone about what you said. Except maybe Perks) :D

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I don't think you can defer any of your success to anything I've said. Congratulations and enjoy!

(And whatever else you guys are rattling on about - I don't want to know! Lalalalalalala - can't hear a thing.)

Last edited:

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fantastic news, Teddy. I can see the anthology off in the distance, coming closer. Fast. Continued success to you, sir.

Jenny

Who should be writing ...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
8! Congratulations!

Robert Toy

Congratulations Teddy. Your okay, I don't care what the other cats say about you...;)

TeddyG

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
Thanks Fizzy...it is appreciated ...
Cath...Thank you .. but I really don't deserve it.....
Sury...."How does it feel to be on your own? Just Like a Rolling Stone" - Thank you ...
Ugh- I have to say thank you to my nemesis the CAT! Thanks Toy...you are really one of a kind....
Bam - Thanks for your wishes...and I hope to hear good news from you too as well - real soon

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Teddy. You an I can party together.

Regards,
Scott

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Teddy, that's wonderful! Keep it up. Writing has such long periods of dull slogging between the high peaks of success. Sorry this is late - I'm still catching up from my hiatus due to computer problems.

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
It's tough to be cool in this fur coat, so I really appreciate the compliment.

[Surely you can come up with a better epithet than "dumb."]

TeddyG

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
in this case...any other epitaph or adjective would require stars in it *****
the cat knows exactly what he is!!!!!!!

(though I admit having a soft spot for him)