The way forward - what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fruitcake

Hi everyone : )

I have been writing as a hobby for four or five years now, but after having a site review published in 'WebActive' magazine as the result of a writing competition, I'm seriously thinking of taking it further.

However, I'm not sure in which direction to proceed. Keeping within the word count required for the site review (I think it was something like 150) challenged me more than the words I ultimately produced to fill it, although I'd have no problem doing it again if I had to.

It left me with a piece that (to me) was nothing like my own style, so I'm not sure that this particular type of writing is for me. And therein lies the problem - I have no idea what my 'style' actually is. I can't categorize it at all, though a quick glance at my own website - www.fruitcake.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ - would probably define it as 'doubtful'...

Any and all advice is welcome. I realise I still have a lot to learn and would find a starting point useful. Please help - however misguided this may be, I'm suddenly feeling that my skin could well be housing a frustrated professional : )

mammamaia

if you can't go forward, try sidling?... seriously, for a fruitcake, you're not a bad writer... but then, being one, i prefer honest nuts to pretentious poseurs any day!

if you want any help, drop by my new site and check out the free writing help thingamabob... love and hugs, maia

ps: i'm a crone who's survived raising 7 live-birth offspring and am doing what i can for the other 6.7+ billion... 'tain't easy! m

Free writing help/mentoring now available at: www.saysmom.com

Status
Not open for further replies.