PDA

View Full Version : Missing my kitty.

jdkiggins
08-15-2006, 10:21 PM
I've been away from the boards for about a month, so I hadn't mentioned this, but my 15 year old calico, Mr. Trips died on July 24th.

Two Feather called me at my mom's the day he died. He felt so bad. He's been taking care of my cats since I moved in with my mom a year and a half ago. Mr. Trips would sit and stare at the door every morning and evening waiting for Two to feed him. Two had to step around him when he opened the door because Mr. Trips was old and slow. After he'd eat, he'd lay on the deck by Two's feet and roll back and forth. The day he died, he ate, laid by Two's feet, put his head on Two's boot and just quit breathing.

Two called me today and said, "I miss Mr. Trips. I still sidestep when I walk out the door, forgetting that he isn't here anymore. And darn I miss him rolling around my feet."

He also said that Coffee, my white Himalayan with an orange tint on his face and tail, has now taken Mr. Trips place at the door. He's been walking through the woods to see me at Mom's house too. I think Coffee misses Mr. Trips as much as we do. :(

TheIT
08-15-2006, 10:32 PM
My sympathies. It's always difficult losing a pet who's owned you for so long. :Hug2:

awatkins
08-15-2006, 10:37 PM
Oh, Joanne, I'm so sorry. I know you must miss him terribly. I wish I had the words to make you and Two feel better. :(

I am glad, though, that Two was there when it was time for Mr. Trips to go. I know what Two means about sidestepping when he goes out the door--the other day I came inside and caught myself holding the screen open and waiting for Taffy to come in. Those sweet pets sure can get inside our hearts, can't they?

jdkiggins
08-15-2006, 11:04 PM
Yes they can, Anne.

In all the years Mr. Trips was around, you know, I was never able to get a picture of him. When he saw me with the camera, he'd hightail it and hide. I think I may have one picture only and that was when he was sitting by a wooden silhouette of a cat on the windowsill when he was younger. But he looks like a silhouette too, so you can't really see what he looks like.

((hugs)) for you and Taffy too.

Just had my sweet Maltese, CandyKiss to the vet today for her booster shots. She's fine, thank goodness. She's eight and I don't know what I'd do without her. She moved into my room with me at Mom's just a few months after I moved here. She was sulking too much at home because she missed me. We found out she misses him as much as she missed me, because after a week she started sulking for him. We've been sharing her for more than a year now. He takes her home every other night to stay with him. Good grief, we spoil our pets. ;)

awatkins
08-15-2006, 11:13 PM
CandyKiss sounds like a lucky fur-baby to be so loved and spoiled. (Of course, Rio and Pancho have no idea what that's like. ;) )

Isn't it funny the way some animals have such an aversion to cameras? I wonder what causes that.

(((hugs)))

alleycat
08-15-2006, 11:23 PM
I know the feeling. About three years ago I lost my 15-year old part Russian Blue.

My sympathies.

ac

MidnightMuse
08-15-2006, 11:45 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry! :( It's never easy, especially when they've become part of our lives the way they always do.

I lost my two 17 year old girls, then just a year later lost a brother and sister team at the ages of 10 from cancers. Thankfully, we'd just months before adopted two stray brothers we found in the backyard and they're the joys of our lives now.

My sympathies for your dear, sweet Mr. Trips.

Nancy
08-16-2006, 12:07 AM
Joanne:

I'm so sorry to hear about Mr. Trips. I lost my three old guys several years ago (two in one year) and it's such a painful loss.

I know he was a well-loved boy!

Shiraz
08-16-2006, 12:35 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/comfort/2.gif

I'm so sorry, Joanne. I lost both my kitties a few years back and still miss them, too. I think of them every time the lawn mower runs over their graves in the back yard. :cry:

I do smile when I look at their pictures now, though. They were such fun.

I hope you feel better soon.

DeborahM
08-16-2006, 02:58 AM
Joanne -

I'm so sorry to hear about Mr. Trips. Grief is hard when you're the one left to remember.

:Hug2: and this includes you Alleycat, MdnightMuse, Nancy, Shiraz and AW!

Soccer Mom
08-16-2006, 08:36 PM
So sorry to hear about Mr. Trips. I love my furballs to pieces and always grieve the loss of one. But some are more special than others. Mr. Trips was lucky to be so loved.

CATastrophe
08-18-2006, 06:36 AM
He sounds like he was well loved. They are each precious and it always tears the heart just a bit when one passes on. Hug the living extra tight when you can.:Hug2:

country-writer
08-29-2006, 11:10 AM
You are to be commended, fifteen is a good age for a cat. Once they hit those double digits, so many things can go wrong. Sounds as if he was truly loved and cared for. Sounds like Mr. Tripp is your forever cat

jdkiggins
08-31-2006, 07:07 AM
Coffee, my other cat, misses Mr. Tripps too. Coffee's been sort of taking his place on the deck. Now Two has to step around him when he opens the door and Coffee has been rolling around on his back in the same fashion Mr. Tripps did, and pawing at Two's foot.

Just wanted to say thanks for all your comments and thoughts. :Hug2: You guys are great.