PDA

View Full Version : My lovely husband

Sesselja
08-15-2006, 09:25 PM
OK, not so much an accomplishment, but I still want to tell someone!

For those of you who also hang out in the freelancing room, you might have picked up on my lack of motivation lately. I am bored with freelancing, and cannot seem to get anything done. Anyway!

My husband and I were discussing this the other night, and he asked what I would do if I were to leave freelancing. I said: - I really cannot imagine doing anything but freelancing, and added: - apart from writing fulltime for myself of course.
- Well, maybe that's what you should do then, my lovely hubby said. - You owe it to yourself to give it a go, or you'll regret it later on.
So I pointed out that, yes, that would be wonderfull, but that we still need to eat and have a roof over our heads and such things. And as my husband is also freelancing and always has, but with a more sporadic income than mine, not working is really not an option for me.

And what did lovely husband say?
That he would be willing to give up freelancing and take a fulltime job in order to support me taking time off to write. *swoon*

So he has started applying for jobs, and we are talking about relocating if need be, and it all suddenly got so big and real and possible that I don't know whether to be joyful or scared. But I feel less trapped than I did only a few days ago, and that in itself is a blessing.

alleycat
08-15-2006, 09:27 PM
Oh, good. When I saw the word "husband" in the Goals and Accomplishment thread . . . I figured one of the ladies had just bumped off her husband.

DeborahM
08-15-2006, 09:44 PM
What a great gift he has given you! He obviously has been thinking about this before presenting it to you!

Your anxiety is only the open road that lies before you now, to do what you have dreamed doing.

Good luck with your writing and may it be busting to flow from you when you are ready! :D

MidnightMuse
08-15-2006, 09:51 PM
Alleycat, you silly kitty. I took the thread title to mean Sesselja had been successful in her goal of CREATING the perfect man, probably with duct tape, super glue and some ping pong balls.

Well, looks like you're getting closer, anyway! Good for you, and best of luck in its fruition :)

Angelinity
08-15-2006, 10:00 PM
that's lovely, sesselja (wouldn't admit to being a lil jealous of your good fortune ;P)

Cath
08-15-2006, 11:36 PM
Sesselja - what a wonderful gift. You are a very lucky woman!

Tilly
08-16-2006, 12:10 AM
Wow. That's so sweet!:)

Lee_OC
08-16-2006, 03:51 AM
Awww, that's sweet. I hope everything works out for you two. :)

Freckles
08-16-2006, 04:01 AM
Awww, that is sweet! Looks like you've got a keeper there.

MyFirstMystery
08-16-2006, 04:56 AM
What a wonderful guy!

I'm also being supported by my DH while I pursue my dream (or several of them concurrently: finishing my M.A., starting a business, writing a novel...). I remind myself every day that he's off working hard so I can have a shot at this, and it keeps me motivated to work hard too. Hard to slack off while he's off busting his butt!

Here is to all of the supportive spouses out there - we all know that being crammed in a room writing alone for hours isn't exactly the fun factory for them - and they keep on loving us!

:)

MFM

Sury
08-16-2006, 12:51 PM
What a wonderful life partner for you, Sesselja. He deserves a thousand kudos and more for letting you live your dream. Best wishes to both of you. :)

Sury

aruna
08-16-2006, 04:12 PM
How wonderful to have a parter who is so supportive! We writers aren't the easiest people to live with as we tend to disapear into our own worlds, and it;s a rare partner in deed who can help to make that happen.

Soccer Mom
08-16-2006, 05:51 PM
Wow! What a keeper. Good for being the one to snatch him up!

Mayor of Moronia
08-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Flip Wilson, the comedian, was also an armchair philosopher. After I was hurt in Vietnam and in the process of being hobbled back together, Flip said something that changed my whole attitude about things...."So long as youre alive and your health is good, everything else that happens is an inconvenience."