Hello people,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Placidmyst

My first post here, and would like to say hi... :b
I'm an inspired poet/novelist who is very timid in the areas of punctuation, grammar, and dare I say....the whole field. :\
Looking over the posts, I see many helpful people I hope to learn from. ;)

"They say, stand and conform for society is the jury and one day you too shall be judged. I say, judge me not, for in the end you'll feel the gavel too." W.D.Roberts

I have recently read a post on attributing quotes, so I have edited the post. :b Mamma, W.D.Roberts = Placidmyst :)

mammamaia

good for you, placid/wd!... glad to see it was your own and not someone else's going unattributed... might as well blow your own horn, in case no one else does, huh?

love and hugs, maia

Placidmyst

I'm sorry Maia, didn't mean to sound ostentatious...:rolleyes

"Often a hen who has laid an egg cackles as if she has laid an asteroid." Samuel Clemens

mammamaia

i wasn't chastising or being critical, honeybun!... i meant it seriously... if you quote your own words, you should give yourself credit for them... there's nothing wrong with blowing your own horn... all the already-famous do it, don't they?... of course, this also exposes you to criticism if somebody doesn't like the quote, or if the grammar, etc. is faulty, so you'd better be sure it's really good!

i often use my own 'greatest lines' as signatures, 'cause they say things i think folks need to know... as i'm a philosopher, that's my 'job'...

love and hugs, maia

"That some do evil gives none the right to do evil in return." maia

Status
Not open for further replies.